Part 13

–A week has gone by, as the leaves are beginning to fall from the trees–

Setting- (Strip Mall)

Dahlia: *pulls her scarf up, feeling the cool, November breeze against her face*

Dahlia: "Thanks for coming out with me today."

Langdon: *looks at her* "Not my favorite thing to do, but anything for you."

Dahlia: *she giggles* "Well, I just appreciate the company anyway."

Langdon: "You really need to make some friends.." *he says in a serious tone*

Dahlia: *scoffs* "Hey, aren't you my friend?"

Langdon: *rolls his eyes* "Doesn't count, ia."

Dahlia: *changing the subject* "Did Evan tell you that Ty has been talking to mother?"

Langdon: "Yeah. I'm not surprised though, he was always a momma's boy."

Dahlia: *analyzing his demeanor* "Whatever happened to your mother and father? Evan hasn't spoken about them at all."

Langdon: *he sees a bench, nodding his head towards it* "Let's sit."

Dahlia: *follows him*

Langdon: *sighs, eyeing her* "You know mother and father both became very fond of you when we all met.."

Dahlia: *nods, listening intently*

Langdon: "Well, after you and Evan broke up for good last time and they caught wind of the real reason... they turned their backs on him and went back to Sicily."

Dahlia: *her eyes widen* "W-What because of me..."

Langdon: *nods* "Basically, you were like the daughter they never had. You sure were treated like such at least."

Dahlia: *drops her head, sulking* "I'm sorry, I never knew–"

Langdon: *cuts her off* "You weren't the only reason, ia. Father specifically was not happy with the way Evan was acting–"

Dahlia: "He can't help it." *she snaps, interrupting*

Langdon: *laughs under his breath* "I know. We as his brothers stuck by him. I will never leave his side, just like I know you won't."

Dahlia: *blushes* "Has Ty spoken to father though? He only talked about mother."

Langdon: *shakes his head* "No, the bastard won't speak to us."

Dahlia: "I'm sorry."

Langdon: "Don't be, it's not ultimately your fault."

Langdon: *clears his throat* "We need to head back though, gotta get you home."

Dahlia: *she gets up, walking towards the car*

Langdon: *he follows behind her*

Dahlia: *an ad flier on the post catches her eye, she stops to read it*

Langdon: "What is that?" *he says, curious*

Dahlia: *shrugs* "It's a babysitting ad, looks like someone is looking for a babysitter."

Langdon: *looks confused* "Are you interested in it or something?"

Dahlia: "I think I'm going to text this number, it wouldn't be a bad thing to do."

Dahlia: "Plus, I love kids." *she says with a smile*

Langdon: "Before you make any decisions, you better take that up with the boss."