twenty nine

chapter 29 ~ Meet me halfway

During her walk with Malina, Philomena Pan discovered a number of things.

First, she thought that her and Malina might become great friends. She admired Malinas boldness and fiery spirit and thought that the girl was incredibly funny. So much so that by the end of their walk Phina had a stitch in her side from laughing so much.

Second she discovered that the scottish accent at time was very hard to understand especially when Malina become extra passionate about something. She wondered if Harry had to make an effort to talk clearly for her to understand, though she decided that it was probably just because he spoke far slower naturally.

Lastly she found out that Jack of Hearts was not someone she wanted to be friends with. Malina had told her all about how Jack had lured her under the false pretences of friendship and shameless flirting only to discover that he only wanted to know how exactly her mother, Merida, had turned her own mother, Malinas grandmother, into a bear. Malina of course was hurt by this and for everyone's safety refused to give him any answers. Jack had in turn said a handful of hurtful things to which Malinas fiery nature had argued. Malina had described how they had ended up arguing so much that a crowd had gathered to listen.

What Philomena wanted to know was why. Why would Jack want to know such a specific thing? Why would he use Malina in such a way? what was his goal? Was he trying to use her aswell?

Her thoughts were brought back to present where she is sat on her bed weaving strands of red and black cotton into a bracelet just as her mother had taught her how to do.

Evies head lay across her lap, blue hair splayed across the bed like a halo as she props her sketchbook up on her knee so that she can sketch some designs as she lies there. Mal and Uma sit on the floor talking about something Phina hadn't been paying attention to.

Phinas eyes scan the dorm her and Uma had only recently finished decorating. She thought it was a cozy blend of their personalities. Phina's side was decorated with delicate fairy lights and books stacked neatly on her desk. Harry's sword stood proudly in the corner waiting for the day it would be used again, while Uma's side featured nautical-themed decor, seashells, and a collection of vibrant scarves draped over her bedpost.

Mal stretched, glancing around the room. "So, what's the plan for tonight? Movies? Makeovers? Plotting our next adventure? it's been a bit boring without the Evil version of Audrey running around"

Evie sits up and raises an eyebrow. "We could always do all of them. Watch a movie while giving each other makeovers, though i don't fancy ruining my nails trying to stop evil highschoolers ever again" She looks at her hands as if mourning the nails she must have ruined and then looking pointedly at Uma.

Uma chuckles. "First of all i've never been a highschooler until this year" She looks at her three friends as if to say 'duh no schools in the isle' "Second of all yes, that sounds like a very us kind of night. What movie are we thinking?"