forty five

forty five ~ family line

The next day Auradon Prep is alive with excitement as parents arrive for Parent Day. The campus is decorated with colorful banners and flowers, and students are eagerly showing their parents around.

Phina stands by the entrance to the main courtyard, her fingers intertwined nervously with Harry's as she glances around, watching the crowds.

Parents and families had been arriving all morning, and Phina can't help but feel the anxious churn of emotions as she thinks about her own parents. She hasn't spoken to them in months, and while she isnt expecting them to show up, it is hard not to wonder.

Next to her, Harry shifts his weight, tugging at his leather coat, a familiar glint of nerves in his eyes as well. He had been uncharacteristically quiet all morning.

"You think they're coming?" Phina asks quietly, glancing up at him. She's not sure if she's referring to her parents or his father.

"i don't know" he replies quietly squeezing her hand.

Phina smiles softly, leaning in a little closer.

Suddenly, a hush falls over the crowd near the gates, and all eyes turn toward the entrance. Phina's heart skips a beat as she follows the crowd's gaze. And then she see him.

Captain James Hook strides through the gates, his presence commanding and impossible to ignore. He wears his signature coat, the rich burgundy fabric billowing around him as he moves. His hook gleames in the sunlight, and his face is set in a confident smirk that seemed to say he owned the place.

But what surpirses her most of all is the figure walking just behind him. Harriet. Her dark hair today is tied back in a loose, windswept braid, and she wears a well-worn leather jacket, a cutlass hanging from her hip even though weapons are banned at Auradon. Her sharp eyes scan the crowd with a look that mirrors her father's, though there is a warmth to her expression that softens her appearance. She is every bit the pirate her father had raised her to be, yet there is something different about Harriet—a certain calmness that she radiates.

Phina feels Harry relax beside her as he watches his father and sister approach.

Harriet steps forward with ease, her eyes immediately finding Harry in the crowd. A wide smile spreading across her face as she approaches them, pushing through the crowd like she belonged there.

"You've been living in luxury little brother" Harriet teases, her voice warm as she pulls Harry into a tight hug.

Harry lets out a small chuckle, though there is a slight awkwardness to it. "Glad you're here, Harri," he says quietly, his voice rougher than usual as he hugs her back.

Harriet pulls back and turns her attention to Phina with an appraising glance. "Good to see ye again Philomena"

Phina smiles nervously, suddenly feeling a bit self-conscious under Harriet's gaze. "Nice to see you too Harriet"