thirty

Chapter 30 ~ cinnamon girl

She finds Harry the next morning. It's harder than she thought it would be until she realises he would be in swords and shields practice at this time of the day.

She almost loses her courage as she enters the sports hall, fiddling with the bracelet in her hand. It looks as though they are almost finished so she takes a seat in the stands to wait for Harry to finish.

Lonnie, ever vigilant, spots her straight away and shoots her a salut in acknowledgment. Phina waves back with a smile.

Phinas eyes travel to Harry who is not wearing the protective mask as everyone else is, nor is he wearing the usual uniform. Instead he's wearing a red leather sleeveless jacket which she recognises from the first time she saw him and very torn up looking boots. Still, without any protection gear on like everyone else he is without any sign of injury. Phina feels a little silly to be relieved at this fact.

He grins and laughs as Chad falls at his feet. He looks ruthless and manic and totally in his element and Phina catches herself biting her lip.

"Get a grip of yourself" she utters to herself.

It is then with that same crazed grin on his face that he looks up and spots Phina. She instantly burns hot all over and fights the urge to look away from his sharp blue eyes.

He bows dramatically and Phina giggles as she claps her hands like a queen would applaud her jester.

She does not have to wait much longer until practice finishes and Harry gestures for her to meet him by the door.

His hair is messy in a charming sort of way and he has a bag slung over his shoulder as he leans against the wall unaware of her approaching. As soon as he sets his eyes on her a grin spreads across his face and his eyes fall to where she's fumbling with something in her hand.

"what've you got there love?"

Her eyes drop to her hands as she clenches the fabric in her fist. He watches as she seems to fight some inner turmoil before stretching her arm out towards him and opening her palm.

It turns out it is not just a scrap of fabric at all. Instead it is a bracelet woven with black and red cotton. He blinks, caught of guard and then regains his composure enough to take it with steady fingers, rough against her soft skin. He studies it intently.

If anyone but Phina were to witness him being this bloody soft he'd probably have to commit some sort of act of murder or at the least hand out a very serious threat.

"For me?" he glances up at the girl in front of him 
who is clearly studying his reaction.

"I made it" She nods "if you don't like it that's fine you don't have to wear it. I've got one to match see" She thrusts her wrist in front of him where an exact duplicate of his bracelet sits wrapped around her wrist.