forty seven

Chapter 47 ~ Love story (taylor's version)

The sky above Auradon was an endless expanse of soft, cloudless blue—a perfect day to celebrate the marriage of Queen Mal and King Ben. The kingdom had never been more alive, filled with flowers, song, and laughter. Every corner of the enchanted land seemed to pulse with magic, as if even the earth and the sky wanted to join in the joyous occasion.

As the royal gardens transformed into a breathtaking wedding venue, everything sparkled in the late afternoon sun. Golden banners lined the pathways, their shimmering threads woven with intricate symbols of both Auradon and the Isle of the Lost. Long tables draped in white silk had been set up on the grounds, laden with an abundance of food and drink, awaiting the arrival of guests. The air was filled with the fragrance of roses, lavender, and fresh-cut grass, mingling with the sweet and savory scents from the feast that was soon to be served.

It had taken weeks to prepare for this day—an event so monumental that all of Auradon had gathered to witness the union of their beloved leaders. And now, the time had finally come.

Mal stands in the dressing room of Auradon Castle, gazing at her reflection in the mirror. She barely recognizes the girl looking back at her. Her violet hair had been styled in soft waves cascading down her back, with delicate silver chains woven into the locks. Her dress was a marvel of magic and craftsmanship—a gown that shimmered with every movement, reflecting hues of soft lavender and royal blue. The bodice was adorned with tiny crystals that sparkled like stars, and the skirt flowed like water around her legs, giving her the ethereal grace of a fairy queen.

But it was the wings that truly set her apart. Made of translucent material that caught the light, they looked almost real. They weren't, of course—Mal wasn't going to risk shifting into dragon form on her wedding day—but the wings gave the illusion that she was ready to soar at any moment.

Evie, her maid of honor, stands beside her, adjusting the last few details of her gown with a proud smile. "Mal, you look like a dream," she says, her voice filled with admiration.

Mal bites her lip, her usual confidence wavering for just a moment. "It's a bit much, isn't it?" she asks, turning from side to side to inspect the gown.

Evie laughs softly. "You're marrying a king, Mal. If there was ever a day to go all out, this is it."

A small smile tugs at Mal's lips. She had been the daughter of a villain, the girl from the Isle of the Lost who never imagined she'd be standing in this moment. And yet here she was, dressed like a queen, about to marry the love of her life.

There is a knock at the door, and Phina pokes her head in. "It's time," she announces, her voice filled with excitement.

Mal's stomach flutters with nerves, but she takes a deep breath and nods. Evie gives her one last reassuring look before leading the way out of the dressing room.