𝟖: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐢𝐟𝐭

The next week was an absolute tornado. Packing bags, making house sitting arrangements, attending zoom calls, and finally signing on to the same agent as Walker. She was now officially an actress.

Amidst the chaos, the Foster and Scobell houses quickly became one. The parents often sitting at the Scobell's dining table to get Sophia's mom up to date on any paperwork she would need to know of, and the kids at Sophia's house, helping her pack and clean before they left it unoccupied.

It was officially a week later, and they were leaving that evening. Walker and Sophia would fly out now, and the moms would join them next week after they were settled in.

Walker had also told her that Rick was considering bringing her to San Diego comic-con with Walker, Aryan, and Leah to give the fans something new.

Sophia now sat on her bed, folding and placing clothes into her two suitcases. Leena was packing away Sophia's skincare and makeup from her bathroom into a small bag, and Walker and Tanner were downstairs doing god knows what.

She was deep in thought, mostly about her dad. She hadn't told him she was leaving yet, and even though she knew it was her fault for putting it off so long, she wished she could just message him and get it over with.

But if she did that she knew he would fly into one of his fits. Of course he had mostly been a good dad, but that doesn't mean he didn't have anger management issues, or self control all the time. She knew he would never get physically violent with her, but scars from verbal abuse still stung the back of her mind.

But still, she messaged her dad, typing out a quick text.

'I'm stopping by with some news. Be there soon.'

She clicked her phone off.

"Hey Leena?" Sophia called out towards the bathroom.

"Yeah?" She answered immediately.

"Come here for a sec." There was a thud from the bathroom of Leena setting down the bag before she appeared, leaning in the door way. "What's up?" She asked.

Sophia continued to fold the clothes, hoping she would sound casual when she opened her mouth. "Is there any chance you could come with me to say goodbye to my dad? It's just you can drive and I don't think my mom wants to see him and-"

Leena cut her off softly, pity in her eyes. "Of course I can Soph. When do you wanna leave?" She had told Leena about her dad too, and the older girl was immediately sympathetic. Sophia bet this was what it would be like to have an older sister.

A mental exhale ran through her body, and she stood up, throwing the last of the clothes into her suitcase.

"Let's leave right now. Let me just bring my stuff down."

Leena walked over and zipped up one of the suitcases. "I'll take this one." The two girls heaved the bags down the stairs, setting them in the kitchen. The boys were there, sitting on their phones.

"Thanks for the help, dorks." Leena playfully shoved Tanner's head, who was immediately annoyed, shying away from her.

"I'm not going through her clothes. That's weird." He pointed at Sophia, who nodded in agreement. Walker set his phone down, his own bags already packed and in the car. "I heard you and Leena are going somewhere?"

She began to explain saying bye to her dad when a sharp knock sounded from the door. Sophia grabbed her bags, pulling them down the hall with her so she could more easily set them out by the car. Another knock rang through the house.

"Coming!" She yelled, attempting to stack her bags nicely. She gave up after a few seconds.

The last knock was more of a banging, which caused her to groan in annoyance, and she rushed to the door, pulling it open.