CHAPTER SIXTEEN: HOME SWEET HOME.

Shuu was seen sleeping on a flippable bed called a sky nest in the jet. Yuuma joined the pilot in the cockpit but dozed off soon after which irritated pilot Changge, he sent Yuuma away from the cockpit to concentrate.

"Okay first of all loosen the bolts in the tires a little... alright now use the jack... That height is fine, now lose the bolts after that you change the tires." Daniel's father instructed as he crouched behind his son. It was midday and the sun was high in the sky with no clouds and Daniel was sweating buckets in his attempts at changing the four tires.

"Tch... Why do you have to tighten the bolts this much? Who is trying to steal the tires? It's hard removing these manually, can't we use the drill to make this easier? Won't that be more efficient? Doesn't this go against your teachings of working efficiently?" Daniel whined without ceasing.

"You are right." Daniel's dad answered plainly. He was happy with his son's deduction and also tried to help with molding his mind the best he can. He wore a stern expression when he remembered that one day his son will face the harsh realities of the world, even now as he goes to school with different people that will affect his outlook on life, he still wants to prepare his son the best he can.

"Now that you are on your fourth tire, you are much faster in changing it compared to when you started on the first. Still, you are much slower than your grandma at that ha ha!" He bellowed in laughter as he slapped his son on the back which made Daniel jerk forward.

"That hurt!" Daniel whined once more.

"And fragile like a lil' lamb. Look at him with his little arms changing tires, ha ha!" His father kept on with his dad jokes.

"But grandma actually taught me how to change tires, so you are slow. You'd think you can make it to be a pit boy at the racing tracks?"

"What? Well, stop it! I am only twelve!" Daniel complained.

"Don't tease the boy like that!" Daniel's mom appeared and gave a glass of lemonade with ice cubes to his father.

"Argh, wait I want some..." Shuu proclaimed but saw clouds illuminated by the sun from his window.

'So I am still here. When last did I dream about Mom? I really am here, this is still not a dream, I have to accept that and make new plans moving forward with that in mind.' Shuu looked around as a tear trickled down his right eye unknown to him.

"Shuu-sama, you asked for something from your... late mother. Are you fine?" Yuuma asked with concern on his face. He heard his young master call for his mother in his sleep with his hands reaching out. He knew that Mirumo and Shuu had lost someone precious to them and was trying to approach this matter gently.

"Anyone is bound to remember their loved ones at some point... even the ones we lost." Shuu said as he got up.

"We would be arriving at our private airfield in Japan in nine hundred hours." Pilot Changee announced through the P.A system from the cockpit.

"That's why... This time, I am not losing anyone." Shuu said with determination and a tinge of coldness in his eyes.

Yuuma saw this and gained a little understanding of the young master and simply bowed.

"I was just serving the Tsukiyama household because I had nowhere to go. I am grateful to the patriarch for taking me in, but now I will devote myself to becoming someone who can even dream of protecting you SHUU-SAMA!" Yuuma proclaimed with a bow.

"Don't think you can weasel your way out of your punishment with that." Shuu said and dismissed Yuuma. Yuuma however came back with some coffee to ease his growing hunger. They are ghouls, after all, they feed on human flesh and find human processed foods revolting to their pallets except for coffee and water. Coffee could only ease their ever-growing hunger but not satisfy it or give them strength.