CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX: RAGE I.

"The only way is up." Shuu said as he got inside the makeshift elevator (lift) and pulled the rope with everything he had.

The lift made loud spinning noises as Shuu jostled with the contraption for balance since he went up the mountain at high speeds. The wind was blowing against Shuu's face as he looked up to know when to get off. The lift kept on going for a while quickly but soon decelerated since the acceleration couldn't keep up with his mass but that didn't mean the lift wasn't going faster than the speed limit for normal elevators. After three minutes of 'air travel', Shuu jumped off the lift when he saw a ledge up ahead.

He landed and saw a few hundred shirtless and tens of people with full clothes on and a particularly dressed person in front with confused expressions. The person in front whom Shuu thought to be the leader carried a strong scent he decided to follow at the base of the mountain range.

Silence reigned for a whole minute until Shuu decided to introduce himself in English.

"I am Tsukiyama Shuu. I have heard of the greatness and wonders of this school indirectly through whom I believe was once your student." Shuu said clearly. The master looked behind him and called a female student forward. She had long red hair, a slim body, and a rough face but wore fitting black clothes that accentuated her curves. The student approached the master but still stayed behind him and translated what Shuu said in Chinese to the master. The master nodded while maintaining eye contact with the stranger.

Shuu tried to probe his level from a distance by trying to feel the way his presence affected the air around him. Normally, one could hide their presence and strength which would hinder such weak methods of probing but that act didn't go unnoticed by the master as he shot a dangerous glare at Shuu and put some of his pressure on the foreigner.

If Shuu's durability and endurance were that of an S-ranked ghoul, even one at the peak, he would have crumbled and become docile and easy to manipulate under the pressure of an SSS-ranked ghoul. Since their (ghouls) emotions are much more elevated than that of humans, their prey-predatory instinct is higher than that of animals. Strength is feared and respected in the world of ghouls. To become a leader of a ward in Japan, you need not only to be smart about it but strong enough to retain that position. The thought of rebellion against your orders and rule is only possible with a stronger opposing force or incredible will and determination or the one rebelling in question is named Arima Kishou.

Shuu's probing had been solved by the person who appeared to be the master of this bunch through his actions on Shuu.

'Tch, a damned SSS rank! Do I just jump down the lift and hope to get away on time? His pressure is trying to get me to bend my head and kneel, I'll have to say that's quite impressive. I can only muster strength to make one decisive move now.' Shuu thought as he eyed the master. The master looked at Shuu with surprise but quickly hid it and approached the foreigner with the female student tagging behind him.

'It is now or never! Fight or flight! Half of the people behind him might be canon fodder but the rest surely aren't. I have worked too hard for myself and the sake of the Tsukiyama family, I can't die here. I have a world to go back to, and a being that needs to take responsibility for putting me here in the first place!' Shuu thought as his eyes widened and his fists balled. He had long forgotten that he even had a kagune since he had pushed plans concerning his kagune behind other plans in his head.

The master saw this and stopped when they were ten metres (thirty-three feet) apart. He spoke to the girl and looked at Shuu.
"Who is this disciple of mine that you 'indirectly' know?" The redhead girl said this time with her kakugan on.