CHAPTER SIX: OBJECTIVES.

They had been waiting in his room for ten minutes, and their young master had yet to address them or even meet them. Meanwhile, Shuu was busy moving as stealthily as he could with his weighted bracelets and anklets. He wanted to be sure no other servants were near his room outside or around in the event there was a CCG or V spy amongst them. After checking and making sure there weren't any spies to his satisfaction, he entered his room.

"Good morning, Shuu-sama!" They all chorused as Shuu entered his room. He looked around and told them to sit on the furniture in the room, which they did.

"How are the bracelets?" Shuu asked while standing.

"It's uncomfortable," Aliza said.

"I thought as much too. I'd be uncomfortable too if I only had one weighted bracelet. It messes up the balance. Therefore, I am giving you all an extra one to balance it out finely."

"Uh, thank you... But why are we wearing them? It hinders my work. The extra weight will balance things out but would make my job serving harder, Shuu-sama," Aliza complained.

Shuu simply went to a box containing black weighted rings and gave one to each of them.

"Maybe not this year or the next, but this family is going to face a huge crisis. If we are not prepared before then, we will be wiped out. Not even our power or influence will save us from that," Shuu said as he looked at all of them.

"Shuu-sama, what do you mean?" Kanae asked him. The others looked at her and then back at him as if to answer their questions. Kanae's family had been wiped out thanks to efforts made by the CCG, and she was the only survivor, hence a wanted ghoul. Mirumo Tsukiyama wasted no time in taking her in as one of his own. So mentioning something like that would leave her in a sad mood.

"With the exception of Aliza and Yuma, we are at least A-ranked ghouls, but we are not even at the peak of A-rank ghouls—just like there is a heaven above the heavens. If I were to measure our combat ability, Miss Matsumae is the strongest here. Her use of her kagune is exceptional but useless in the face of SS rank ghouls and associate special investigators," Shuu explained as he examined their faces. They were serious this time and gave Shuu their full attention.

"Our secondary objective this year will be to reach the S rank, and the only failure that will be tolerated is to reach the peak of the A rank. I will be training by myself for the next eight months and will start group training afterwards. Aliza, you especially need to be strong mentally," Shuu said as he looked at Aliza, who nodded her head slowly.

"And our primary objective is to take over the 20th and the 21st ward in at least five years. I am not looking to grow our numbers any more than this and one other. I aim to create a powerful family strong enough to deter 'that person.' Secondly, once we get to our ideal level of strength, we will take out 'V.' V is an annoying group of ghouls, half-ghouls, and failed half-ghouls who think they are doing Japan a favour by creating a balance and all that nonsense. Things are actually very complicated and greyer than black and white," Shuu elaborated.

"There are a lot of things to be done. I'll have to inform and get approval from my father to continue. Disperse for now, we will gather like this again in four months' time," Shuu said as he approached his door and held it open.