CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: CHINA, HERE I COME.

CHINA, HERE I COME.

Shuu soon returned from school safely and saw that Hide was trying to get comfortable around the house. Aliza had already assigned him to clean the kitchen and wash dishes which gave Yuuma some time to train, the events in Germany had changed him ever since.

"Mairo, follow me." Shuu ordered as he made for his room inside the mansion. They soon entered his room and Shuu continued to speak,

"Mairo, before I leave I want you to pass on a very important instruction to every ghoul in the estate apart from father."

"Consider it done, Sir!" Mairo pledged.

"No one is to punish Hide 'harshly' for any of his wrongdoings or any offence perceived by anyone, but should instead leave that responsibility to me." Shuu added as he approached a window in his room.

"If I may, wouldn't that just lead to undesirable traits that you wouldn't need? The whole point of this and the expenses could go up in flames!" Mairo suggested.

"Indeed, you are right. Your council so far has proved useful. But, I want him to better understand us ghouls who try to live as humans amongst humans." Shuu said with a faint smile across his face as he faced a window that illuminated light on his figure.

'From what I have heard of from Yuuma, he can be cruel, but here he is trying to make a human understand ghouls even if he is forcing him against his well through a legal form of kidnapping-Ahem, I mean adoption. You still amaze me, young master.' Mairo thought as he saw his young master's form being illuminated by sun rays.

"Now leave and call the boy here." Shuu ordered.

"No problem Sir. But sometimes you tend to forget that you are still a boy yourself!" Mairo said with a smirk.

'Did he just smile?' Shuu thought. One of his unpopular opinions about the beings living in this world is that you rarely see anyone smile. And those who do it frequently are usually psychopathic murderers.

"Where is this confidence coming from to be so casual with me?" Shuu asked but was answered by the closed door with Mairo running downstairs.

A minute later, Hide knocked at Shuu's room. After thirty seconds of what seemed to be someone rearranging their room, Shuu finally answered the door.

"I see you are busy my captor!" Hide noted sarcastically as he observed clothes and suitcases on the floor.

"Getting a little cheeky are we? Where is everyone getting this confidence from?" Shuu asked as he folded some clothes in a suitcase.

"Listen, I don't really care for how you feel or whatnot. But while I am gone I better not hear any negative review about you." Shuu said as he got up to emphasize his point.

"Oh, I see, I get it now! I am some kind of product that you hope will do well in the market right?" Hide shot back once again at Shuu. But this time he wished he hadn't because of the way Shuu reacted and answered.

Shuu immediately burst into laughter after Hide's statement.

"You are indeed always spot on! Of course, you are a product I spent time and money to create. Products don't ask to be created but they are needed, and you better do well in the real world of humans and ghouls which is the market for your own sake." Shuu replied with a smirk on his face.

"What do you think happens to products that don't sell eh, wise guy?" Shuu added to the dread on Hide's face.

"But that's not what I called you here for. You see, Kanae, out of all the ghouls here, has suffered and lost the most. All her family members were killed in a day. She is the last survivor of her family. If you hate everyone else here, you might as well ease up on her." Shuu said while dusting himself.