CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: LEAVING?

Shuu trained for three days and three nights in his gym. On the third night, Mairo opened the garage door and an insurmountable amount of steam came out of the gym. Mairo had to cover his eyes for a while a let the cool night breeze find its way in. The gym had fans, but that didn't help reduce the temperature of the space Shuu trained in but only increased it. Mairo saw Shuu's body and muffled a scream.

'What the hell happened to the young master?' Mairo thought as his eyes widened. Steam was escaping Shuu's body at an alarming rate as he was performing situps on a steel rod that was impaled through a wall manually to act as a pull-up bar. His legs were curled around the bar, his hands joined at the back of his head as he pulled himself up from his hanging position to the top of the bar. Soon after that, a lot of steam escaped Shuu's mouth and his body let go of the bar.

'Wait, wait...' Mairo thought but acted faster than he could complete his thoughts as he zipped forward quickly and landed with open arms under his falling master.

'Shi... I am in trouble if anyone sees this. How did it come to this? What has gotten into you this time Shuu-sama?!' Mairo thought as fear and anger were written on his face.

"It's not just the fact that he passed out while working out but..." Mairo said out loud as he analyzed his master's body.

"He burnt himself out again, didn't he? How can one person make this place look like a sauna."

Mairo turned his head back with shock but mostly fear. In a normal situation, he would have heard and sensed this person approaching him but his mind was a rollercoaster of thoughts and emotions right now.

"I guessed that something like this happened to the young master a month ago. There was a time Aliza just kept on serving the young master more food than usual and just chalked it up to his growing appetite." Yuuma said as he turned to lock the garage door with the switch on the wall.

"Shuu-sama? Again? You even look worse than before, much skinnier! It's so hot in here and smelly." Aliza came inside the gym and complained. Mairo at this point looked around for something he could throw to knock her out. But seeing as how she had seen Shuu in a state like this before which validated Yuuma's assumptions just let out a weak sigh.

"Close the door. Let this matter not pass the boundaries of the gym, am I clear?" Mairo asked while looking at the two. He knew there were many A-ranked ghouls out there that would gladly take his place once he was sacked for not taking care of Shuu properly on his day to look after him. Besides he was already getting closer to Shuu.

"Clear." Yuuma and Aliza said together.

"Alright, I think we should prepare to go on a hunt so as not to reduce the quantity we already have in stock by much. You two will come with me. No, I'll go alone and-" Mairo sighed once again and let Shuu down gently on the floor with his hands cupped under Shuu's head. He began to make plans for the current situation at hand but was interrupted by a hoarse voice.

"Just... get.. me some water now!" Shuu said with a hoarse voice. Mairo gestured to Aliza to take his place and ran at top speed to the mansion and back with a six-pack carton of bottled water and a cup as if his life depended on it. He immediately poured out a cup as Aliza adjusted Shuu's position to drink properly while resting on her. Shu drank cup after cup without any change in his countenance.

"Yuuma bring a large bowl and sugar." Shuu said as he looked up with weakened eyes.

Yuuma with his advanced knowledge in the applications of chemistry immediately understood what Shuu was trying to say and do and exited the gym.