J A G I Y A

What is love? A mere feeling, a sense of wanting to belong, an urge to have an understanding that there is someone who would wait for you at the end of a long tiring day? Or is it penance? A feeling of unconditionally devoting oneself, one's own heart and immersing so deeply in someone that there is no you and me. There's only one. One entity, two individuals wrapped in each other, loving and craving each other so fully, so wildly, so rawly, that it's a searing pain to be parted from them.

No matter if they love you back.

What matters is, that one's love is true.

It was the end. She could feel it in her skin, her tears barely a feeling and her back almost sensing the magnetic pull of a doomed abyss waiting. She wanted to love him. But she was a fool. She wanted to rectify herself, she wanted to express that she truly did love him, and oh so unconditionally... But perhaps, it wasn't enough.

Only if wanting was enough...

✧✧✧

I was ready for it. Ready for it to end it all. He was not ready to mine, and I wasn't ready to give up. So maybe in another life... Maybe when I'll get to redeem myself properly, when fate allows it, I'll see his smile again, his arms wrapped around me again, his love again...

I was closing my eyes, slowly, drowsily, the sky didn't look calm, and a canvas of starry blue anymore, it looked enveloped in hell fire, so dark, so empty, as if the air itself was ready to engulf me, but...

Something happened.

A sharp screech, a loud noise, my ears rung, I thought they would bleed. I squinted my eyes and when I looked up, I saw a sight so dangerously ethereal. My heart almost stopped, it was so breathtaking. Who was it? It was my Yeonjun wasn't it?

His eyes were flaming, his hair was fiercely cascading on his face and behind him were a large pair of wings, so majestic - so devastatingly majestic. So dark, an electric purple strikingly meshing with gold, it was truly a sight to behold.

 So dark, an electric purple strikingly meshing with gold, it was truly a sight to behold

"Yeonjun..." I whispered, feeling a pair of arms protectively wrapping around me. Suddenly the numbness, the unfeeling was gone, replaced by a firm hold, a warmth enveloping around me. I slowly reached up my hand, my fingertips brushing his face, it was scaly, slightly glinting with what looked like silver and gold dust. His eyes were like pools of the universe gaping into my soul and oh, my heart ached, it ached so much with love, with desire, with a passion unbound. My love...

"Shhh," he whispered, a small sniffle leaving his lips as he cradled me in his arms, holding me tight, his cheeks brushing to mine, I could feel the dampness of the tears on the cracks of his skin. "Jagiya..." He whispered and my heart skipped a beat. I never thought I'd hear him call me that again. He called me that again. "Please... Say that again." I whimpered in his arms, as I hugged him, my arms wrapped so securely around him, I almost clung to him, like losing him again would hurt more than shattering to pieces myself.

"Jagiya... I love you. I always... Always..." He cries softly, breathing into my hair. His warm breath tickles the shell of my ear. "I never stopped loving you, I'm sorry." He said in between his sobs. "My jagiya, my angel... My... Hyun Ae." He said, and parted only enough to look me in the eyes.

We were suspended in the sky, his wings flapping magnanimously and I didn't know how it happened, how he could transform, but I haven't seen someone so majestic as him right this moment before. The rain didn't feel cold anymore, and I wasn't alone anymore. I had everything I wanted, right here, right with me. I cupped his cheeks as our foreheads pressed to each other and noses brushed. "I love you so much, and I'm so sorry..." I said, my voice a drawn out moan of pain and agony of suffering without him. "I'll do better. I love you Yeonjun. Please forgive me..." I said.

"But you had done enough, you didn't know any better and it was I... I who couldn't let go of my futile sense of revenge, and from who? From the being I loved most. Hyun Ae, please, I love you. If there's anything to forgive, I've long forgiven you, but there isn't. Jagiya... You're the only one." He said, his lips brushing on mine, the heat feeling like an electric touch coursing through me each time my lips felt the divine taste of his, only a mere inches from mine. I craved it. I craved him. So badly.

As if on cue, as if he knew exactly what I wanted, so he crashed his lips on mine, sealing them. Peace. It felt like peace, a calm washing over me, amidst a storm so raging, yet so futile in front of him. It felt like I was in the arms of my solace, and if I were to really slip, fall and die this very moment, I would have no regrets, because my Yeonjun accepted me. He loved me back. He truly forgave me.

His lips on mine, a beautiful symphony, our hearts beating in sync, a mesmerizing feeling sealed by our destiny, and if I am bound to fall in love, I'd always fall in love with him, and if I were to forget this feeling, I'd still learn to love to cherish him the way he deserved.

My senses felt vaguely slipping away but I hadn't felt so peaceful. His ethereal sight looked a bit distant, his voice felt a bit too mellowed and his touch was the only feeling I was sunk so deeply in.

The last thing I remember was hearing that soft voice, whispering against my lips, "You're safe. Sleep in my arms jagiya."

❥❥❥

A/n: Aaaand I'm revealing the cover for my next book!!!

*Drumroll* (please show some excitement bshjbshj XD)

Anyone wanna guess what genre it might be and what would happen in this story? 👀(It's a Beomgyu x Y/n x Soobin btw with a surprise ending~)

(It's a Beomgyu x Y/n x Soobin btw with a surprise ending~)

I love listening your theories, so feel free to comment!