E P I L O G U E

When I woke up, my mind felt foggy, like it was muddled with memories, dreams and whims of every fantasy I had conjured up but at the same time, nothing solid to hold on to, to grasp at all. It hurt just a little, but mostly it felt like I was waking up from a fever dream.

"Jagiya??" A soft, urgent and a familiar enough voice that always got my heart skipping a beat snapped me towards it as his worried face came in my vision. "How are you feeling now? Are you thirsty?" He asked as he gently caressed my head and cupped my cheek, brushing his fingers against me.

Oh right. That was not a dream. I was going to die, wasn't I? Yeonjun saved me, he held me, he called me jagiya again. He said he cared. He still cared for me. And he... He said he loves me still. The memory made my eyes widen slightly in realisation as heat rushed to my cheeks and I tried sitting up to reach out to him, but he held me in place, a growing pout on his lips.

"No, no, rest. What do you need? Just tell me, I'll bring it to you." He said as he held my shoulders.

I stared for a moment, and smiled a little sheepishly. "Even the bathroom?" I asked making him stutter a little as he blinked and I chuckled at that expression. I missed this. Felt like it had been ages I bantered with him like this, without him getting cross at me...

"I can bring you a bedpan." He countered with a teasing grin, his brows raising to tease me back and I laughed softly. "No need." I say as I hold his elbow. "I just... I want to see you closer." I admit.

"I am right here though?" He said softly, tilting his head, his smile settling down.

"No it's just... You were right there with me, but not quite with me... Before." I admit as I search his eyes, watching a flicker of sadness before he smiled and brought my face closer to his, resting his forehead on mine. "I was a bit lost in... Trivial feelings."

"They weren't trivial. They were valid. I was at fault." I murmer against his lips.

"But I took it too far... You didn't know any better. I wasn't... Being honest with myself either. How could I be honest to you?" He sighed and then shook his head, placing a searing kiss on my forehead. "No, no more of that. Jagiya, we both hurt each other and I'm sorry." He whispered.

I pressed my lips into a smile as I reach up just a little, our noses brushing. "I'm sorry too. And... Thank you. For giving me another chance." I say softly.

"No," he shook his head. "Thank you for accepting me, and loving me even when I was so... So awful to you." He said and sighed, his warm breath fanning against my lips. "Yesterday... It felt like I'll lose for real, I was so scared. I felt like an idiot, I... I..." He trailed off. "I thought... I was so devastated. How could I lose sight of what's important to me? I was a douche, because I cared. And I never stopped loving you, even for once." He said, slightly choking a little, his Adam's apple bobbing to control his choked emotions as a tear rolled down his cheek. "I never want to lose you angel."

I shook my head and wiped his tear, kissing his forehead in return. "No, no, I am sorry. I love you so much. I'll do better I promise." I say holding him close to me.

"And I'll do better, I promise." He repeated after me as I looked at him.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you so much." I say as I inch closer and he crashes his lips against me, sealing them like a silent promise, a silent commitment, and outpouring joy, longing, gratitude and recognition for what we are. Whole, and each other's. Forever.

✿✿✿

"Ewww stop." A groan came through the door as me and Yeonjun jolted apart and looked towards it to see Beomgyu gagging.