- Butterflies -

-Aiah-

"I like you, Aiah"

.

.

.

.

.

"I like you, Aiah"

Her words kept on looping on my head.

"Aiah?" Mikha looked worried.

I didn't answer. I can't answer.

Hindi dahil hindi ko gusto yung naririnig ko. Pero hindi ako makapaniwala. I tried catching my breath.

"You like me? Bakit?" I manage to give Mikha a smile.

"What's there not to like ba?" Mikha looked around. "I like you because...."

"...you're Aiah." Mikha turned to me. She's now playing with my hands na hawak hawak niya.

"You're clumsy..funny..you're loooud..your energy is always a thousand percent...." she wiggled her brows pa ha.

She continued to play with my hands, trying to measure our palms.

"But you're sweet Aiah. You radiate an energy that gives warmth. Kahit super hyper mo, kahit para kang ewan minsan...especially if kasama mo sina Maloi." Mikha let out a giggle as she intertwined our hands.

"Kahit sinusungitan mo ako minsan...I found myself liking you."

Mikha pulled me closer, still holding my hand.

"I first saw you, 4 years ago...I was face timing Colet when the camera caught you. Glimpse lng yun, naka side view ka, I think it was Sheena you're talking with. I thought I saw an angel." Mikha shyly smiled and shook her head. "That was the day na naging interesado ako sayo. For a moment, I stopped thinking of the person from my past na hindi ko naman maalala. I hated the feeling pa dati na ini invade mo yung isip ko. Then pag nag faface time si Colet, I always find myself peeking at her screen hoping na makita kita. I didn't ask for your name kasi alam ko ma issue si Colet." Mikha chuckle.

"I was actually starting to accept it na I liked you but something made me step back. Do you remember the towel incident? Before you accidentally dropped it, you checked the camera. That was the first time I was able to see your face upclose sa screen. You stirred up my whole being that day. I got so confused..araw araw, bigla bigla ka nalang sumusulpot sa isip ko after that facetime call. Ang bobo ko lang sa part na hindi man lang ako nagpakilala or nakipag friends...instead ay nag lagay ako ng imaginary line, trying to protect my sanity kasi nga I was so consumed pa that time on finding A."

I never thought na simula palang pala, napansin na ako ni Mikha. Same time that I got a crush on her nung palagi ko siyang nakikita sa face time nila ni Colet.

"When I got back here sa Philippines, di ko inexpect that my simple admiration sayo over the phone screens will turn into a crush. Until I finally gave in and accepted that I really liked you from the start. My London trip was never about business, Aiah. Pumunta ako don para mag hanap ng answers about A but what I got is closure." Mikha was smiling while looking at me.

"That was my sign. Destiny was pointing me to you pala, Aiah. I thought I'll be sad kasi hindi ko nakilala si A. Pero alam mo anong unang pumasok sa isip ko when I got all my answers about A? Ikaw, your beautiful face flashed. Para akong minilagro ni Mama Mary" Mikha laughed.

"When I saw you sa cafe with Jeremy, I felt a chain broke inside of me...like I was released from prison. I felt the freedom I craved for a so long. That when I decided to tell you how I feel."