- All I Ask -

A/n: You can play Never Not by Lauv via spotify in the BG po. Thanks! :)

-Mikha-

Kuya Carlos and I were catching up after they took us for an island hopping when I heard Aiah screamed. Without hesitation, I jumped from the boat, I held her waist to steady her before I realized it was a wrong move.

She stepped on a sea urchin pala so I let her hold my hand so I can take a closer look. Andaming naka baon, need tong mabunot kaagad.

I know Kathy and I talked last night already and I decided to distance myself na from Aiah. I realized it's not nice to hope na mababalik pa yung dati knowing that she already had a family with Jeremy. Maybe I can settle being a friend. Sabi nga nila, 'sometimes it's better to be friends so you can keep them forever than be lovers' but during this trip, instead of distancing, I found myself being drawn closer to her.

It's like I'm falling in love with her ---- again. I found myself stealing glances, worrying and getting jealous and I hate it. I already set my mind na I will forget my feelings for her but my own body betrayed me. Here I am, offering her for a piggy backride just to make sure hindi siya mahirapan mag lakad.

While silently walking pabalik ng beach house, I remebered that Aiah forgot to answer my question earlier. I didn't expect na she didn't take Jeremy's surname and that made me curious.

"I promised to myself na isang apilyedo lang yung dadalhin ko." she finally answered.

I removed some of the thorns ng sea urchin but meron pang malilit na naka baon. I need my first aid kit para makuha lahat yon.

I guided her to walk slowly pabalik ng house. And just like before, it seems like my hand has a mind of it's own when I grabbed her waist and supported her by holding her hand.

While walking towards the house, my mind was looping what Aiah said earlier.

"I promised to myself na isang apilyedo lang yung dadalhin ko."

Like an old record, her line kept on repeating nang bigla kong maalala yung day na binigay ko yung favorite hoodie ko sa kanya.

What does she mean by that? She kept her surname cause it's not mine she's taking? Does it mean that? No...I don't think it is ---- it's impossible.

I am starting to get pissed to myself dahil hindi dapat ako nagpapaapekto kay Aiah but she's playing with my emotions right now. Just like earlier, I am sure I saw her stealing glances and binalewala ko yun. Cause again, andito ako to completely forget my feelings for her so we can start being friends again. It took 7 years ------ 7 years for my heart to grow tired from getting hurt. I just woke up one day and felt that it's time for me to face her...to finally let her go so I can move on. But what she's doing right is beating my purpose of coming back. I should be unloving her, not to fall again.

I freshened up after removing the thorns ng sea urchin. We had a quiet dinner and the girls prepped for our night out later. Nag lakad lakad na muna ako while trying to clear my mind.

The view of the night sky here in the lanai is mesmerizing and the rythmn of the waves crashing is giving me peace of mind. It helps me calm my nerves. I took a bottle of beer and drank it habang pinagmamasdan ang kalawakan. How I wish we could go back.

"Already drinking huh?!" Kathy stood beside me and gave me a nudge.

"Just setting up the mood, Kath. Ready na ba sila? Anj is waiting na ata." I finished my beer when heard the girls na pababa na rin pala dahil rinig na rinig ko sina Maloi and Sheena na nagtatawanan.