Brother?. 5

Chris POV
My girl just left this morning, so I was wide awake. I decided to make breakfast for me and DJ because...i did something I shouldn't had last night. I mean I was beyond pissed that I caught her kissing ole dude so--

I hear footsteps and in walks DJ rubbing her eyes in her...hello kitty pajama shorts... a-and a regular pink tangtop without a bra. I swallow shallow air and look away. I'm tired of lying to her but I can't tell her.

Me, "I made breakfast."

DJ, "thanks...I'm super tired..you wanna know why?"

Oh God here we go.

DJ, "cause people thought it was cute to fuck till 4 in the morning. Like no really bro..that was beyond rude."

Me, "Iight damn DJ. Im sorry. What else you want me to say."

DJ, "Don't say shit Chris cause I heard enough of you last night and this morning. And saying ya name leaves the imprint of your over dramatic chick."

She took the plate I made her and went back upstairs. I felt bad so i grabbed us to juices and took my plate to eat upstairs with her. I knocked on the door and for it wasn't locked weirdly enough.

DJ, "It ain't locked." I heard her mutter loudly enough for me to hear. When i came through the door she sat on her floor eating infeont of the flatscreen.

Me, "Ibrought you something to drink." She didn't look at me but I know she wants it. "Cmon ya mouth prolly all dry and shit."

DJ, "That's cause ya Belgium waffels is dry and shit." I gasp and hear her laugh a little. I move to sit next to her.

Me,"shut up. You jus mad cause your dry as dirt. Everytime i made you breakfast ya little self needed something to drink."

DJ, "key phrase, 'everytime you made me breakfast' you can't cook bro." I mushed her head.

Me, "whatever that's why you almost done." I took a bite of my food. She bugging. I can cook ladies.

DJ, "Well yea...im sort of immune to it."

"Girrrl." I threaten. She laughs a littlw and continues not to look at me.

"Whaaa?..you jus came from the kitchen and you missing. What you missing?"

"Bish my chicken."

"No leg? No thigh? Woww"

We both ended up laughing. I missed this. She smiled at me and mushed my head.

"Nah but forreal. You were always there to cook me breakfast. When our so called parentz couldn't. You're always what I need you to be."

I swallowed the hard awkward shallow air of the pure truth. I was like the brother stuck in the friendship zone. We hugged a little bit then watched tv and somehow ened up falling asleep on her bed watching cartoom network.

DJ POV
I woke up in Chriss arms. The tv was still playing and it was still early. I looked at the cable box and it was only 3 something.

I yawned and Chriss grip on me got a little tighter which made me laugh a little. I look uo at him and kiss his cheek. I shake his arm to wake up but he doesn't. Are you serious right now?

His grip even loosened up so i was able to sit up and stare at him. His hands moved to join together laying on the pit of his stomach. I put my hand on his chest slowly and move in to examine his face.

His face hadn't completely changed. He wasn't as chubby as he was when he was little. He still had freckles though. I started to touch them slowly by running my thumb over them. Something in me shouted for me to stop, but ofcourse I didn't listen.