Chapter 25

AN/ I'm back! Sorry for the delay. I work at a University and school started back therefore I have been slammed. Hopefully things will die down as I get back into the groove of things!

---

Adam looked on Autotrader for his next retro car. The website had a lot to pick from. "Lute, what if we get a VW Beetle?" He kept scrolling down noticing it was a popular car. He was on the couch with his laptop.

She scrunched up her nose. She was on her iPad looking as well. She was across from Adam on the recliner. "I don't know it's not you. Plus I saw a lot of those at car shows. You need to do something unique." She wanted Adam to have the best car. She wanted him to be the best. "What about his car?" she turned her iPad around. "It's the DeLorean from Back to the Future."

Adam shook his head. "They don't drive well. I want something I can use." Adam was going to be picky. He wanted something good.

Lute smiled. "You should get a Chevy Bel Air"

"I would rather drive a Yugo," Adam stated. "Worse car ever made but it would beat driving anything Lucifer has driven. Hell, I'll walk before I ever drive a Bel-Air."

Adam and Lute looked some more. Adam set down his iPad. "Let's just drive around to a dealership or junkyard at this point." He wasn't happy with what was online.

"Works for me." Lute agreed. She was excited for Adam. She was more than happy to get rid of the Mustang. It just reminded her of Eve.

They got into the Mustang and drove to the nearest dealership. "What are you looking for?" Lute asked. "Anything specific?"

Adam had to think for a moment. "I want a car. I don't want a truck or a beetle. I don't want a Mustang either. I think whenever I see it I'll know it's the one."

They arrived at the first dealership. It was on the smaller end. Adam walked around carefully looking. "What about the Thunderbird?" Lute pointed to an older car.

Adam shook his head. "It looks way too much like Lucifer's car. I want my car to be sporty."

"Got it" Lute walked around. She knew nothing about cars. She couldn't even drive. She found an older Jeep Wrangler from the 80s. It was black with two white stripes. It was a bit beaten up but Lute couldn't judge. "Adam this Jeep is perfect!"

Adam walked over. "It's okay." he shrugged. "Not really my style."

"I love it. We should get this Jeep." She liked how it was off the ground. She knew she would feel taller if she rode in it. They could also run people off the road.

"It's not what I'm looking for." Adam was a bit surprised Lute liked it so much.

"Well, I think you should get it." Lure crossed her arms. She had a defiant look.

"I'll buy it if you drive it," Adam told her. He had more than enough money. He could easily afford two cars. He also wanted Lute to be able to drive. It would offer her freedom.

Lute bit her lip. She was not expecting this. She looked at the Jeep. It was so cool looking. "Fine!" She spat out. "I'll re-learn to drive if you buy me the Jeep. But I'll pay you back." It was a very big purchase. Lute felt a tad bit guilty Adam was buying this for her.

"I got enough money." he shrugged. "I'll go talk to a salesman then tonight you are learning to drive."
---
"Okay, you put the car in drive by using the gearshift," Adam told Lute. They were currently in the high school parking lot where they attend group therapy.

"I know what a gearshift is!" Lute snapped. "I've driven before. After the army, they revoked my license due to the meds I was on." She explained. "Okay, here we go." She put the car in drive and it lurched forward.