Chapter 24

An/Welcome back! It's late rn and this chapter probs has some typos. I will get to them tomorrow. Next update will be a minute. I'll be on vacation the rest of the week. Also my music fic... yeah sorry. I need to update it I just have no motivation I'll get there though.

"My father is an odd man, to say the least," Adam and Lute sat at Adam's kitchen table. It had been a quiet drive back. Lute had put everything away as Adam sat at the kitchen table holding his phone. "I don't know what he wants"

Lute sat across from him. "Will Lucifer be there?" There were multiple reasons why she didn't want Lucifer to be there.

Adam shook his head. "No not at all. He's not a part of our family anymore" Adam still remembered his father's anger at his ex-brother. Lucifer would never be welcomed back.

"Am I invited?" Lute asked hesitantly. She had to be there for Adam.

"You're coming one way or another I don't care" Adam smirked at her. "You need to meet my siblings anyway why not now?"

Lute was ecstatic to meet his brothers. She had so many questions. She was however dreading meeting his father. "What do I need to expect from your father"

Adam's jaw tightened. "No matter what you do you'll never be good enough for him." Lute looked at him horrified. "Sorry, that was deep. Umm he's formal so we need to dress nice" Lute nodded happy she had some nice clothes Emily helped pick out. "Be polite. Be honest. Whatever he says goes."

"Okay..." Lute was unsure how this was all going to go.

"Lute what he says goes" Adam reiterated. "No matter how much you disagree." Adam looked so serious. It was actually unsettling to Lute.

"Okay yeah sure. I'll be on my best behavior." Lute promised. She was now nervous and unsure of what to expect.

"Now want to help me set up the blender?" Adam asked sounding more normal. Lute nodded. The rest of the night they used the blender to make drinks and ensure it was working. As Adam was drinking his marg he looked over at Lute. She was passed out on the couch. He was so worried about next week. He had no idea what to expect. At least he had Lute. He knew she would be there for him. It was the only thing that made him feel at ease.
---
"It's a two-hour drive so I guess we can leave soon?" Adam asked. He was looking in the mirror. He was wearing a button-up shirt and gold tie. He had to look perfect.

"You look fine" Lute walked in. She had put herself together as well. She wore a simple black sundress. She applied a small amount of makeup. She tried to follow how Emily did her makeup. Clean and simple. It was hard for Lute she loved her black eye shadow but she pulled it together for Adam.

"Wow you cleaned up" Adam looked at Lute. She looked so put together. Nothing like the broken Veteran she was. "I mean shit that was rude. You look decent. I mean" he was fumbling.

"It's okay" Lute patted his arm. "It's going to be okay." She had never seen him this nervous. She felt bad he was acting this way.

He nodded. "Are you ready" He wasn't but he had to do this.

"Ready when you are" Lute assured him. "It's going to be okay."

"Yeah, I know. Positive thoughts" He went through his therapy exercises. Peter had told him to think positively and not to think of the worst-case scenario.

They walked out of Adam's house and to the Ford Focus. Adam was beyond ready for his car. He hated driving the newer car. Adam was happy despite his car. Sera was off their asses. "So what do we do if your dad mentions Lucifer?" Lute asked looking out the window. She knew they couldn't say they were getting revenge on him.