Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

(Unedited wrote on my phone)

I awoke with a sunflower sitting next to me, I smiled and sat up, the blanket falling from my shoulder. I picked the sunflower up and tucked it behind my now sun streaked hair. I moved over expecting to see Angel either still sleeping next to me or at least sitting next to me. But she was to be found.

"Damn it again Angel! Where is she!" I jumped up with panic surfing through my veins. I snatched my now dry shirt off the Rocky wall. And ran to the edge. My shoulders slumped as I saw Angel running around the dirty canyon collecting armfuls of sunflowers. I sat on the edge and let my feet hang over.

"You should really stop running off without telling me Angel." I shouted down to her, she looked up a little startled and waved and smiled at me.

"Hi mom! Did you like my sunflower!" She shouted up to me I smiled down at her. And nodded, I watched for for a while run around and creating piles and piles of different flowers. Something caught my attention out of the corner of my eye I glanced up to see birds, some flying in a flock others flying alone. I watched them and studied their wing patterns. It's amazing how much you miss and don't realize how gorgeous these birds are when you can't fly. The sun warmed my face and licked my skin. I sighed and layed back, my stomach rumbling in hunger, I sighed and looked around for something to eat.

'We need food to survive...' I thought to myself sighing and watching Angel run around again. 'Our first step was getting out, now we need to figure out how we are going to survive...' I thought to myself. 'But I can't get a job if we are on the run. They will find us before I could even get the money...' I was so lost in my thoughts I hadn't realized Angel has flew up there and sat next to me, perfect timing for my stomach to growl.

"Mom are you hungry?" I heard Angels voice echo through my thoughts.

"Oh Angel sweetie I'm fine." I lied thew my teeth she looked at me doubtfully.

"Lets go get some food." She smiled standing up.

"Angel sweetie it doesn't work that way." I sighed and put my head on my knees, a headache forming from the lack of food.

"Not from people mommy." She laughed and tugged at my slightly torn sleeve. I looked up, her cheeks flushed. We needed water too.

"Where Will we get food." I asked my head aching and stomach rumbling, I hadn't eaten in almost two days.

"When I was younger with my other mommy she use to tell me that in dire need the earth will give you food." She smiled still tugging me up.

"The earth can't give you food." I sighed not quite understanding.

"No mom let me show you." She tugged me until she slipped and fell off the side, I jumped up and off the edge opening my wings. She then opened her own wings and looked at me funny. "I have wings too." She laughed and hugged me. "Now come on you're up now!" She grabbed my hand and tugged me. I smiled and followed her, we landed on the rooted ground and she let go off my hands and ran forwards.

"Angel honey where are you going?" I yelled attempting to chase after her. The roots on the ground stabbing through my old tennies and branches scratching my arms. "Angel!" I shouted as I watched her small body thread in and out past the branches like she has need there a million times. I sighed and ducked passed a flying branch.

"Angel sweetie slow down!" And with that I saw her stop I sighed and finally caught up threw all the overgrown land.

"See mom." She smiled and grabbed my hand. I looked up letting my eyes meet the bushes and bushes of raspberries.