Chapter Twenty Seven

Chapter Twenty seven

(Sorry its short!!) 

"You and mark are friends?" I questioned, not quite believing what I was being told.

"Yes. And when I was out of town I spotted him sleeping in a box, with a cop harassing him. So we moved in here with our other buddy. Mark is slowly getting back on his feet." My father nodded at mark giving him a smile. "He spoke of a girl to that he met, he said she was with a younger girl, they were in trouble. He was talking about you Nici." My father replied, I sighed and shrugged my shoulders.

"Yeah." Was all I said, Necco grabbed my leg and gave me a comfortably squeeze.

"What kind of trouble are you in?" He asked looking at me sadly. I sighed and began spilling the whole story, but leaving out the part about my wings.

"Wait. Why didn't you call the cops!" He shouted and shook his head at me. I looked at my feet.

"Well... I... I dont know." I mumbled, kicking my feet. He sighed and held his head.

"Anything else?" He asked, dark rings around his eyes. I nodded and looked at Necco. He gave me a smile and shook his head okay. I took a deep breath and opened my wings, I heard my father gasp and saw Mark admiring my wings.

"They did experiments, they turned me into a monster." I whispered, sharpening my claws and twisting my face. My father got up and stumbled back.

"You're a demon." He said, shaking, I sighed and put them away and returned my face normal.

"Dad I'm still your little girl." I whispered, tears streaming down my face.

"What happened to you." He whispered again, I sighed and rolled my eyes at him, trying to act sassy.

"I already told you." I mumbled and spotted his guns tucked away.

"Nici you aren't acting like you." He and studied me carefully.

"Well you know when you are torchered and beat constantly without any hope it changes you." I said coldly and looked at his guns again. " Dad I have to go soon. I need to save Angel." He followed my eyes to the gun case

"She's not even your real daughter." He said coldly.

"You know you're not acting like yourself either." I glared, getting a little pissed off.

"Well prison changes you." I took a step towards his case and felt around until I found the hidden key, popping it open.

"Yeah. Anyways Necco and I have to go. I figured you would want to see me, and I hoped you would think I was a monster." I sighed and began to re load the gun then stuffing it in the waist of my jeans.

"Don't take that Nici!" My father shouted. "Killing someone is illegal."

"Well so is doing experiments. I'm going farther." I walked over to him and kissed him, Mark had tears in his eyes.

"Remember, everything has a consequence that you have to live with the rest of your life, make sure you have thought about it," He said hugging me and Neco, looking a little scared

"Thank you." I walked over to my father and hugged and kissed him. "Dad I don't know how long I will be gone, you may not even ever get to see your baby girl again." I sighed and kissed him.

"Good luck. And call me even if we can't see each other don't ever stop calling me." He kissed my head "And you're not a monster."

And with those words I said goodbye to my father, hoping that it wasn't going to be the last time I saw him.

***

Necco and I stood in front of the bushes, the one place I remember more vividly than I did any happy memories. I looked at Necco,

"Ready." He nodded, obviously a little sick to.

"Yeah. Let's kill some ducks." I nooded and sat on my butt, sliding through the thick overgrown bushes. I sighed and tried to swat the small branches away, until I finally found the pathway towards the torture house. I still couldn't believe that no one has found them yet. I sighed and took Neccos had and began walking towards the house, with no plan at all in my head, the gun was still tucked and ready to use at any time. I was crossing my fingers that I wasn't going to have to use it.

My head started throbbing harder and harder the closer I got to the house. I felt Neccos hands start to shake and his eyes dart around.

"This is the place." He whispered I nodded, already knowing what he was talking about. This was the place his parents sold him to. Necco was another experiment by Nick and Darren. The more I thought about it the madder I got. I clutched Neccos hand hard, he looked at me, trying to hid his sadness.

"Its going to be okay." He stopped walking and kissed me on the head. "Dont worry." I nodded at him and began walking again. I listened to the crunching grass until we were at the door, as I looked around I didn't see their truck. Maybe they weren't there. So I squoze Neccos hand one more time then let go, putting my hand on the gun and opening the door slowly.

It creaked. The noise screaming thought the empty halls. I took a cautious step in and glanced around, with no signs of anyone I took another step, then another. The floorboards creaking after every step, my back tensing every time. until I reached that familiar door. The old stained wood gave a feeling of welcome, but I knew that behind this door, there was no welcome.

I turned the knob and felt the latch click, the door swinging slowly open, my eyes were met with the cages of the mutants I left behind. They looked at me, their eyes wide.

"You came back..." One of them said. I nodded and straightened my back, feeling a little better. I looked around to see if I could see Angel and my eyes fell on the edge of the lizard boy that spat said, it was empty. "Hes dead." Said the same mutant as before, my eyes widened.

"What?" Tears stung at my eyes.

"He died. He just... gave up." He mumbled looking at the black bars, his spit would not melt it but it gave a slight discoloration to it. I sighed and turned to the cages, looking at all the sad faces that didn't have a life to go back to.

Then I began unlocking cages.

The mutants ran out, with shouts of joy, most of them disappeared through the window me and Angel had before, some of them tore into their arms to get the tracker out, like they already knew. But a few stayed in their cages, watching me.

Like the spider infant. It sat in its cage, its huge eyes, red and sad. I sighed and went to pick it up, it hissed and bared its fangs, its extra legs fanning around it. Giving a terrifying look. I back away, and when I did it went scurrying out of its cage and through the door. Until all that was left in the room was empty cages.

But I still didn't know were Angel or the strange boy was.

Suddenly my vision blacked out, I fell to my legs, it was like I was in my dreams again, but this time I was awake. My vision came back as the boys, I was seeing what he was seeing. Angel was on the table that I first saw her on so long ago, she looked at me, or rather the boy, sadly. Different bruises covered her face, her neck and legs were burnt from what I assumed was the maze. Hurt buried inside me.

"Mom. I'm in the weird room that I was first in..." I heard her whisper, she knew I was listening. "Save me mommy." That was the last thing I heard until my real vision came back. I jumped up and began running towards the room, Necco telling m e how dangerous it was. I yaked the door to the lab open and sitting there was my Angel, and the boy in the change that was sending me messages. He said no words to me, he didn't even smile. I sighed and ran to Angel, I untied her and pulled the gag from her mouth, while Necco tried to get the boy out. I unclicked her cuffs and kissed her forehead.

"Angel baby!" I kissed her again.

"Mom you shouldn't have come." She whispered, tears streaming down her face"

"Baby what do you mean?"

"Its a trap."

And with that the lights turned on around the place to super bright. We were yet again in the battle ground, with Nick and Darren watching us.