Chapter 34: Talent.

Azran: Hey, Kits, go save Karin and the others, I can handle him.

Kitsune: Are you sure, Tamer?

Azran: Relax, go.

Kitsune went towards the castle as Horus readied his spear.

Horus-Khre: If you think you can beat me alone, you're kidding yourself.

Azran: [Grins as his eyes glow pure violet] We'll see about that.

With a battle cry that shook the air, Horus-Khre hurtled forward, his spear flashing in the sunlight as he thrust it toward Azran's chest. But Azran, unfazed by the god's ferocity, sneered in defiance, his dagger rising to meet the attack with a ringing clash of steel on steel, the force of the blow sending shockwaves through his arm.

Azran: [Scoffs] I realized how powerful you were yesterday...

(Flashback of Horus-Khre's attack against Azran's team)

Horus-Khre's attention turned to Azran. A single, crushing punch to the gut doubled him over. Azran's vision blurred, agony exploding through his torso.

Before he could even gasp, Horus-Khre seized him, his grip like a vice. With a mere flick of his wrist, Azran soared through the air, crashing through the adjacent wall.

The sound of crumbling stone and Azran's faint cry echoed through the corridor. His body slid to the ground, limp and unconscious.

(Flashback over)

Azran: That power, that speed, it's useless if it's not coming from deep within, though.

Horus-Khre: What are you talking about?

Azran: You're not enraged enough...

"As you should be!" With a thunderous roar, Azran shoved Horus-Khre backward, then charged forward with unrelenting ferocity. Their blades clashed in a frenzied dance, each strike echoing through the air as Azran gained ground, forcing Horus-Khre to stumble backward, his grunts growing heavier with every labored breath.

Horus-Khre: *In his head* His power and reflexes are outstandable. He's skilled, he's trained...

Azran: I know what you're thinking!

Horus-Khre: [Surprised expression]

Azran: It's neither of those things, this... this is just talent!

Horus-Khre's godly prowess began to wane as Azran's strength and speed surged, his blows raining down with unyielding precision. A swift, razor-sharp strike finally broke through Horus-Khre's defenses, slicing across his chest and sending him stumbling backward, the force of the impact leaving him reeling.

Horus-Khre: Azran of Whirlwind, is your name, am I correct?

Azran: That's right. [Scoffs]

Horus-Khre: You call that power and strength talent instead of a skill you honed yourself.

Azran: Before we continue, I'll share a little secret about me.

Horus-Khre: A secret?

Azran: I'm not only the son of Whirlwind, I'm also a member of the talented 10, and as a talented fallen angel, training isn't really in our forte. *In his head* Well, 9 of us are.

Horus-Khre: So this talented 10, are they as skilled as you?

Azran: I can't say, honestly. *In his head* And I need to hurry this up, I can't afford to waste time.

Horus-Khre: Unfortunately for you, I will show you what training and honing your skill is.

Azran: *In his head* It's your death wish.