Chapter 40: The Fallen, The Talented, The Whirlwind Pt.2.

In the last installment of The Fallen Fantasy, Eiravyn Whirlwind, the trickster fallen angel, took it upon herself to mentor both Azael and Jaes. She guided them in harnessing their strengths and focusing on improving their weaknesses. During their training, Azael and Jaes fought against each other, and while Jaes successfully addressed his shortcomings, Azael struggled to rediscover his true potential.

Azael: How... how do I become the Egoist Playmaker again? Ugh! Damn it!

But nonetheless, they discovered a ten-eyed demon terrorizing Valgunne. 

Summoning his Draco blades, he charged at the demon, slicing off six of its tentacles as he landed gracefully on his knees in front of it, a smirk on his face. The demon roared, and in an instant, twelve new tentacles replaced the six Jaes had severed.

Jaes: What!?

The demon's tentacles lunged at Jaes, but he deftly dodged some while slicing off seven more. To his shock, fourteen additional tentacles sprouted in their place. As he soared above the demon, one of the tentacles ensnared him, slamming him hard into the ground. The demon attempted to toss him aside, but Azael appeared in a flash, slicing through the tentacle that held Jaes. Though Jaes fell a considerable distance, he landed safely thanks to his keen balance.

Jaes: Azael! I got here first!

Azael: Yeah, yeah, watch this!

His gaze fixed on the demon's many eyes.

Azael: It's a ten-eyed demon! Awesome!

They successfully collaborated to defeat the ten-eyed creature, but their victory left Azael pondering the meaning of his inner voice regarding the sight.

Azael: The sight?

This prompted Eiravyn to share the story of Lunaria, the second-born of Whirlwind, and to give Azael a journal written by Lunaria before her death six thousand years ago. Eiravyn expressed her concerns that Azael might follow in his father's footsteps toward war and bloodshed. However, recognizing his thirst for challenge and his excitement for growth, she realized that he would never be like their father.

Eiravyn: [In her head] No, he's so much different then us, he's drive isn't darkness or light, t's the thrill for battle and getting stronger, he doesn't care about war, no, he only cares about his excitement. The more I learn about you, little brother, I realize that father's dark hold, isn't holding you at all, is it, Zac?

Meanwhile, Azran and Fafnir continue their fierce battle in the faery world.

The battle raged on in the faery world, the air crackling with tension as Fafnir towered over Hael. The dragon god's scales shimmered like molten gold under the brilliant light, his massive form a fearsome sight. With a thunderous roar, Fafnir unleashed a torrent of flames, the blaze roaring toward Hael, eager to engulf him.

But Hael simply smirked, activating his demonic speed and vanishing from sight in an instant. The flames surged past him, leaving a scorched trail on the ground as he reappeared behind Fafnir, energy radiating from his fists.

"Is that all you've got?" he taunted, launching himself at the dragon god with explosive force.

Fafnir swung around, his colossal fist colliding with Hael's charge. The impact created a shockwave that sent debris flying, but Hael absorbed the tremor, channeling the energy into his next strike. He was invigorated by the challenge, savoring every moment of the fight.

"Come on, Faf!" he called out, feigning disappointment. "I thought a god would put up more of a fight!"

Fafnir's eyes narrowed, fury igniting within them as he retaliated with a sweeping kick. Hael ducked beneath it, rolling back to his feet in a fluid motion, his body moving like lightning. He unleashed a rapid series of punches against Fafnir's scaled abdomen, each hit resonating like thunder, but the dragon god barely flinched.