Chapter 42: The Challenged God - Azael vs. Thor.

Azael could hardly contain his excitement as he took in the scene around him. The presence of gods at the table filled him with a mix of awe and anticipation. To him, they weren't just revered figures; they represented potential challengers, each possessing incredible power and skills. He glanced at Jaes, his eyes sparkling with enthusiasm, silently contemplating the thrill of testing his own abilities against the might of the gods. The atmosphere buzzed with energy as he imagined the fierce competition that could unfold in this divine gathering.

Thor: [Looks at Azael] Young man, are you okay?

Azael: Huh? [Laugh nervously] Yeah, yeah, I'm fine.

Eiravyn: [In her head] He's clearly losing his mind, and I can't believe didn't tell her own family she was... no, I guess this is her new family, wow. [Dismal look]

Laughter and stories filled the air as everyone enjoyed the grand feast, but Azael's excitement only grew with each moment. However, Eiravyn sat quietly, a frown creasing her brow. She couldn't shake the feeling of betrayal as she watched her sister seamlessly embrace this new life, surrounded by her newfound family. The weight of the Whirlwind Code, "family forever," hung heavily in her mind, a principle she had lived by for years. To her, Abigael's actions felt like a breach of that sacred promise, one she had never thought her sister would break. As the celebration continued around her, Eiravyn's heart ached with the conflict between loyalty to her sister and the unyielding bond they once shared.

Azael's excitement and impatience began to boil over, and suddenly he let out a loud scream that filled the dining room, shocking everyone at the table.

"Zac?" Abigael's voice trembled with concern as she turned to him.

Ignoring her, Azael stood up, slamming his hands on the table, his gaze locked onto Thor with a fierce determination in his eyes. Thor, taken aback, raised an eyebrow, surprised by the intensity radiating from the young angel.

"Azael," Jaes murmured to himself, realizing that his friend was harboring intentions that might escalate the situation.

"Zac?" Abigael repeated, her worry deepening as she attempted to reach out to him. But Azael remained focused, a storm of ambition brewing within him as he prepared to challenge the God of Thunder.

Azael: [Grins] Fight me, God of Thunder Thor.

Abigael and Eiravyn called out to him simultaneously, their voices ringing through the dining room. Abigael used his human name, "Zac," while Eiravyn called him by his fallen angel name, "Azael."

Abigael stood quickly, trying to stop Azael from his bold challenge.

Abigael: Azael, we didn't come here—

Thor gently placed his hand on her shoulder, interrupting her as he stood up from his seat.

Thor: Young boy, you dare challenge the God of Thunder?

Vidar: This oughta be fun.

Jaes: [quietly] ...

Azael: [with a growing grin] If you think I'm scared... [Scoffs] Well, think again.

Eiravyn: [to herself] Azael...

Thor: [Looks at Odin]

Odin: [Nods with a gentle smile]

Thor: [Back to Azael] Very well...

Baldr and Vidar: [Scoffs]

Abigael: Thor!? [With worry]

Thor: I accept your challenge.

Azael: Ah yeah!! [Bursts into excitement]

Time passed, and now both Thor and Azael stood in the grand arena, preparing for their battle. In the stands, Abigael, Eiravyn, Jaes, Iris, Baldr, Vidar, Lord Odin, and Lady Frigg all watched with anticipation, eager to witness the clash between Azael and Thor. Azael, stretching his legs and arms with his katana in hand, seemed focused, warming up for the upcoming fight. Meanwhile, Thor stood patiently, gripping his hammer, waiting with calm confidence for the fight to begin.