Chapter 17: Azael and Red vs. The 12 Angels Elements.

Iris: Wait, stop! [Approaches 6 out the 12 angels of elements] What's the meaning of this?

Cyro: Are you standing by his side, Iris?

Iris: I--n... no, I'm not, but this is so unnecessary.

Pyrope: Then explain why he's here.

Azael: Isn't it obvious? To get your attention, right, red?

Red: [Stands by Azael] Yep.

Azael and Red: [Grinning]

Zan: *In his head* Michael must've heard about Azael being here, therefore sending them there. From what I'm seeing, Azael is ready to fight, but is he stronger than them?

Azael and Red are ready to face the 6 out of the 12 angels of elements, and it looks neither will back down from this.

Red: *In his head* He lied to protect Zan and Iris. [Scoffs] Guess Meliodas was wrong, Clea too, he may not show it but... Azael does care.

Azael: Hey, Red.

Red: Yeah?

Azael: [Looks at him with a determined smile] 30 seconds... that's how long it'll take for us to defeat them.

Red: [Scoffs] Wow, looks you were right about unleashing your ego. Fine, 30 seconds, that's all we need.

He put his hands together in a cross x form. His purple magic circle appeared right under his feet.

Azael: Magic, release.

It cracked and disappeared.

Red: Crimson...!

Azael: Apex...!

Azael and Red: Surge!!

Azael's eyes flash with determination as he focuses his mind, while Red's gaze burns with fierce intensity. Together, they channel their inner energy, their bodies beginning to glow with soft, white, and crimson lights, respectively.

Azael's muscles expand and contract, his aura erupting in a radiant glow, as Red's Crimson Surge ignites, his strength and speed amplifying. The air around them electrifies, charged with anticipation.

With a deep breath, they unleash their combined power - Azael's Apex Surge and Red's Crimson Surge - their bodies enveloped in a brilliant, swirling aura of white and crimson, amplifying their abilities to unprecedented heights.

Azael and Red, fueled by their determination and friendship, charge forward. Chase unleashes a lightning bolt, which Azael dodges using his Apex Surge speed. Terraka creates a stone shield, but Red smashes through it with his Crimson Surge strength. Aeolus summons a whirlwind, but Azael and Red leap through it, using their agility.

Cyro freezes the ground, but Red's Crimson Surge allows him to shatter the ice. Geo creates a rockslide, which Azael dodges using his Apex Surge agility. Pyrope unleashes a fireball, but Azael and Red jump aside, avoiding the flames. Chase strikes with lightning-fast punches, but Red blocks them with his Crimson Surge-enhanced strength.

The angels combine their powers: Terraka creates a stone pedestal, Aeolus summons a gust to lift Azael and Red, and Cyro freezes them in mid-air. Geo encases them in stone, and Pyrope engulfs them in flames. Chase prepares a finishing lightning bolt.

Azael and Red, refusing to yield, tap into their deepest strength. Azael's Apex Surge and Red's Crimson Surge surge to new heights. They shatter the stone, dispel the flames, and break free from the ice.

Azael and Red launch a fierce counterattack. Azael unleashes explosive punches, while Red delivers devastating kicks. The angels stumble back, their elemental powers faltering.