Chapter 35: The Dragon God.

Horus-Khre: Unfortunately for you, I will show you what training and honing your skill is.

Azran: *In his head* It's your death wish.

A blinding burst of golden energy detonated from Horus-Khre's core, unleashing a torrent of divine force that sent Azran stumbling backward. As the energy exploded outward, Horus-Khre's voice soared to a deafening scream, his body trembling with the uncontainable surge of power.

Azran: *In his head* This power, it's the same as... a fucking God. [Scoffs] This outta be fun.

Horus-Khre's golden energy surged, his eyes blazing with determination.

Horus-Khre: You rely on talent, but I'll show you the true meaning of power!

Azran grinned, cracking his knuckles.

Azran: Bring it on!

With a battle cry, Horus-Khre charged forward, his spear flashing in the sunlight. Azran dodged the initial thrust, but Horus-Khre's relentless assault pushed him back. The two combatants exchanged blows, their movements lightning-fast. Horus-Khre's divine energy infused his attacks, causing the air to ripple and distort.

Azran countered with swift dagger strikes, his "talent" allowing him to keep pace with Horus-Khre's ferocity. The ground shook beneath their feet as they clashed.

A nearby pillar crumbled, crushed by Horus-Khre's stray spear thrust. Azran leapt over the debris, landing a precision kick on Horus-Khre's chest.

Horus-Khre stumbled, but his recovery was instantaneous. "You may have talent, but I have discipline!" he roared, unleashing a flurry of strikes.

Azran parried each blow, his breathing steady, but his eyes narrowing. "Discipline is one thing, but instinct is another."

The battle raged on, the environment suffering collateral damage. Walls cracked, and stones scattered. Horus-Khre's energy surged, his spear glowing brighter. "I'll break your instinct!" he bellowed, charging forward. Azran prepared to face the onslaught, his dagger at the ready... Azran dodged Horus-Khre's initial thrust, but the god's relentless assault pushed him back.

The air reverberated with each clash, their movements blurring. A nearby fountain exploded, water gushing everywhere as Horus-Khre's spear sliced through it. Azran leapt over the wreckage, landing a swift kick on Horus-Khre's jaw. Horus-Khre stumbled, his vision blurring for an instant. Azran seized the opening, unleashing a flurry of dagger strikes. Horus-Khre blocked each blow, his divine energy fueling his defense.

The ground trembled as they exchanged blows. Cracks spread through the surrounding structures, walls crumbling. Horus-Khre's determination intensified, his energy surging. "You may have instinct, but I have experience!" he roared, launching a devastating combination. Azran countered, their blades clashing in a shower of sparks. The sound of shattering stone and screaming metal filled the air. A massive stone statue toppled, crushed by Horus-Khre's stray spear thrust. Azran dodged the debris, his eyes locked on Horus-Khre.

"You're getting slower, god," Azran taunted, his dagger flashing in the sunlight.

Horus-Khre's face twisted in rage. "Enough!" he bellowed, unleashing a colossal blast of divine energy. Azran leapt aside, avoiding the worst of the blast. However, the residual energy sent him flying across the courtyard. As Azran struggled to regain his footing, Horus-Khre charged forward, his spear poised for the finishing blow but Azran blocked it and a huge aftershock followed.

Meanwhile, Azirah is talking to Maia.

Maia: What-what's going on?

Azirah: 600 years, and you decide to retaliate, how... confusing.