Chapter 34: Broken Trust

Narration: "Ok, show's over people." Chase says.
Ventus and Terra felt extremely conflicted about this,
so they chose to leave while they could. Chase's children, Morgan, Reina,
and Belladonna,
go to the twins and Selena while Yuzuhara and Zoey go to Seth.
Anton stayed put and was just kinda in shock about seeing this angry demonic version of his kind-hearted father.
On top of that,
he nearly killed his mother.

The two sides went to their respective homes,
Anton included,
and for a week,
it was pure silence.
In that week,
there was a major gap between Seth and Selena as Selena broke a lot of Seth's trust.
Seth had the baby for that week,
and while he can't bring himself to forgive Selena,
he also understood that this meant a lot to her,
and him pulling his punches wasn't going to give her the rest she needed.

So, while Selena isn't innocent in all of this,
neither was Seth.
After that week,
a knock was on the dimensional door. Seth opened it up,
and Selena and the twins were there. "Yes?"
Seth gives Selena a serious look,
and his expression paints the picture for them.
It was a quiet rage.
Selena, on the other hand,
the twins heald her injuries,
likely at the expense of her life span being shortened,
but that's a price she's willing to pay. There wasn't even a single scar on her body.

"I wanted to apologize for everything........ I needed you to be serious like that so that I got proper closure on all of this. The twins told me the best way to get a serious fight out of you was by pissing you off and getting you all riled up."
Zoey and Yuzuhara remember over hearing Anton and Chase's conversation, and while they don't know Anton is Seth and Selena's kid,
they heard enough that the twins were behind it all.
Seth looked at the twins and gave them the cold stare,
too, and while Seth looked like he was going to explode on them,
he took a deep breath and composed himself.

"I'm truly sorry it had to play out the way it did, but I don't regret it. If it's any consolation or solace, I wasn't aiming to kill. That's why I was taking wild shots to avoid killing you. Also........ I was just upset that the man I spent my whole childhood hunting down was robbed from me before I even got my crack at him. I needed someone to take that anger, frustration, and rage out on. You just happened to be the man who killed him. So I had to know."
Selena breaks eye contact and just looks at Seth's chest with her head tilted down.

"Look. Let's agree that we both played a part in all of this. I'm going to forgive you this once, but the next time this happens, there won't be any forgiveness. I understand that you needed the closure and don't have regrets, but don't betray my trust like that again. As long as you go back to helping me raise Natalie like you told me back when she was born, I'll look the other way."
Seth breaks eye contact with Selena as well,
with both of them looking at the ground. "I think you should discuss that with your other two ladies before saying that."

Seth looks at Zoey and Yuzuhara,
who looked like they were in a silent rage just like Seth,
but unlike Seth,
their's was directed at him.
"By the way, Seth. Had you killed Selena, you would have killed us too, after all our souls are bound to her body. If she dies, we all die. So if you two have another falling out, try not to kill her. Okay, dude?"
Chase says then the three leave back through the door even though it was Selena's week with the baby.

After the door closed,
Zoey and Yuzuhara exploded on Seth for even considering Selena to go back to mothering the baby and strongly implore him to let one or both of them raise his baby.
"I understand where you're coming from. That's why I said that. They broke trust with all of us, so I told her that, so if she wants to repair that trust, there's the opportunity. If not, well, we'll cut her off from us. The twins, though. I don't agree with what they did either."
Seth concluded.