IICDWYA: 21

Chapter 21 (Soonyoung)

Since my conversation with Dino, I became more aware of what I was doing. I didn't really intend any of the hurting parts. I was thrilled that I could be friends with Aaliyah now without thinking of the possibility that I might hurt her again. 

"Good night, hyung!" Dino said before we got separated in the apartment complex.

"Good night and sleep well, uri maknae," I told him. 

I went inside with a happy vibe in me. Interestingly, I was in a good mood. I get this heavy lying feeling off my chest since I could share my intentions with one of my friends. 

"What's giving you this happy grin?" I was startled when I saw Woozi holding a glass of water in the living room. This guy came home early today. I am shocked. 

"You are home," I commented. 

"Yeah. I have to," he responded. "What made you happy? Was it Bree?" my brows furrowed as I didn't expect that from him. "Jeonghan hyung is out again. Seungkwanie was somewhere else, he had to catch up with his friends and I am alone at the house until you come home," Woozi was implying things. 

Maybe it is time. 

"Bree and I are good friends—no more. No less," I told him to clarify things. 

"But she makes you happy, right?" I heard a tone that I had never heard from him. Woozi is never nosy. But he is when he wants to be. He will be overboard, too.

I gave him the simplest smile that I could provide. "I am happy," I simply answered.

Woozi didn't push it through. "I get it," he answered before going to bed.

I went to my room, took a half bath, and prepared to sleep. Since I was distracted with Dino a while ago I didn't notice any notification from my phone. I just had the time to check it now.

From: Aaliyah Brielle
Just got home.

To: Aaliyah Brielle
Just now?

From: Aaliyah Brielle
Yeah. I had to drop by my friend's house since she had been nagging me.

To: Aaliyah Brielle
Get some rest then. Good night 😘

Message sent.

It was when I realized I had sent the message with the wrong emoji.

Damn!

It was too late to revert it. She was online and she had read it.

From: Aaliyah Brielle
Ne. Good night, pervie!
😉

Mwoya?

Did I get a sarcastic wink from her?

The morning after, I could not move my body. I felt so tired. Damn! I am late. All I did last night was to think of that stupid mistake.

Sending her a kissing emoji? That was awkward.

I gripped my head and sat down on the bed.

This is just devastating. But I still need to attend my class with her or I will be pleading guilty.

I rushed going to the bathroom to bathe and then wear my most comfortable clothes. I needed to attend today since we will be filming the music video soon. I might not see her for a long time.

Aaliyah Brielle

I got bombarded by a lot of text from Soonyoung just now. He was frantically messaging me about him being late. I figured it out when he was thirty minutes late from his schedule since he was never late. And it was never his personality to be late when it comes to business. 

I wasn't annoyed when I usually scolded my students when they were late for my class since I also didn't want to waste time. It is very important for me since I have a full schedule. 

Kwon, Soonyoung: I am sorry. I just woke up. 

Kwon, Soonyoung: I didn't sleep well last night. 

I totally understood. I don't even get why he enrolled in my class when he had a pretty busy schedule including photoshoots, dance practices, MV shoots, etc. A lot has been going on especially since he is an artist. 

Kwon, Soonyoung: But I am already getting up. 

Kwon, Soonyoung: And I am coming there.

Kwon, Soonyoung: But I guess, I won't be able to take your class so I am sorry about that. I will still pay for the session, tho. 

Kwon, Soonyoung: And I am in the bathroom.

Kwon, Soonyoung: I will just come and see you. 

Kwon, Soonyoung: See you in thirty.

I couldn't help, but smile at his overwrought messages.  It was funny and it was too entertaining. 

To Kwon, Soonyoung: Okay. See you. 

"Oho! Ssaem is in a very good mood," I was in my office while texting when one of my staff, Bella, entered my office. 

"I heard someone is in a good mood so I entered," when I checked it was none other than Ruro, my friend. 

"What do you need, Bella?" I asked when she entered. 

"Documents for review and signature, ma'am," Bella said. I immediately understood when she showed me a pile of documents in her hand. 

"Just leave it there," I told Bella and she did as she was told before going out of my office. 

"And what do you need, Ru?" I asked the girl, who was already comfortably sitting in the visitor's chair. 

"Just bringing you some bloody drinks for snacks," Ruro told me. She means hibiscus tea. "And some croque monsieur and other pastries," Ru said handing more paper bags. 

They were from her favorite café. 

"Thanks," I appreciate Ruro in every single way she cares for me. She has always been the sweetest. She doesn't look like it, but she is very thoughtful and kind. 

Ru and I ate together. It was a great bonding with her. And she kept on teasing me while I kept on texting. 

Soonyoung has been updating me on his whereabouts. 

"I think he has a thing for you," Ru suddenly commented making me choke on the pastry that I was eating. 

"What!?" she frowned as I glared at her. 

"What are you talking all about, Ru? We are just friends. We are not a thing if that is what you mean" I told her. 

"Oh. You sounded so defensive girl," Ru then teased me again. 

Did I?

I was just telling her. I didn't mean to be defensive or whatsoever. 

She just confirmed after that, I assessed myself and my reaction.

Are we a thing? Not possible, tho. 

Soonyoung and I are just friends. I will ask him that later.