IICDWYA: 20

Chapter 20

Days have gone into weeks, it was Aaliyah's last day with the Seventeen before they solely practice together as a team without her supervision.  Their practice was a bit particular as Aaliyah also wanted to see how much more potential the group could dispense for improvement. That was her goal every day as she attended their practice. She was surprised with their professionalism. It was like a rumor turn into reality. They were very professional and she was pleased. 

Soonyoung didn't miss a day of sending Aaliyah to her car after their three-week session together. He sent Aaliyah to the parking lot or at the nearest bus station even when she didn't ask him to. It became his habit. As days passed, they worked together and he always sent their choreographer home when they finished sessions especially knowing that it was such a tiring session. 

Their closeness became a little closer than their usual. The two finally had this little confidence to be friends with each other. It was comfortable. She didn't mind whatever bad things that might happen to her now. Furthermore, she somehow liked it now.

"Gomawo!" Aaliyah thanked Soonyoung before she entered her car.  She never missed a day thanking the guy as she appreciated his effort on sending her safe to her car. The guy had carried her gym bag and put it in the passenger's seat like he used to.

"Take care!" Soonyoung told her before they waved goodbye to each other.

"Annyeong, ssaem!" It was Dino, who was with Soonyoung today while sending Aaliyah to her car.

"Annyeong," Aaliyah waved goodbye before heading home. She was all smiles, showing her rare smile at the guys. 

"Take care," it was Soonyoung repeated. Aaliyah bowed and also waved goodbye again. She closed the windows finally, hit the honk before speeding and driving away from the guys. 

Soonyoung didn't finish waving until he could no longer see Aaliyah's car. He only stopped when he heard Dino say something that rang so loudly on his ears. 

"Hyung, noona joahae?" Dino babbleb. 

"Huh?" Soonyoung was taken aback. 

"Do you like noona? I mean ssaem? I know she is very pretty and pretty talented. I wouldn't actually mind if you answered me yes," Dino expressed his thoughts on his hyung. While it was obvious that Soonyoung didn't expect that from his young bro, he maintained his calm.

Do I? he questioned himself in his mind, not knowing it resounded out loud. 

"Yeah. You obviously like her. You know always send her to her car. Sometimes at the station or sometimes also sending her home directly if we are done practicing. You know, you always volunteer. Now, you just look like one of the hyungs who are in a relationship. That foolish loving look while sending their girlfriends away," Soonyoung was stupefied. 

"Then you also secretly attend her lessons lying to us about your whereabouts. It would be understanding if you really like her," that was the time that it sunk into Soonyoung.

"잠깐만 (Jamkkanman)!" he stopped Dino from walking with a slurred voice. "뭐라고 (mworago)? What did you say?" he repeated. He didn't want to jump to conclusions or maybe he heard everything wrong. 

"Hyung, you are not thinking I am still an innocent pup, huh? I happened to see you one time and accidentally followed you. That's how I discovered that you have been busy for the past few days because of something personal, I might say," Dino answered.

Soonyoung panicked as soon as he heard Dino state it. He dragged Dino to a café and wanted to talk to him.

Soonyoung

I just sent Aaliyah to her car after our last rehearsal for today. It was a normal thing for me to do. We have been closer than usual, but it was a pretty normal thing to do for me. 

Aaliyah? Really, Soonyoung? You are close now? - Authornim

I guess, authornim.

Soonyoung, I felt like you were blushing while saying that - Authornim.

Am I blushing? I suddenly caressed my cheeks. I mean, yes, we are close now. I guess.

And sending her today made me realized that we have been misunderstood by other people. Dino right now just started jabbering things that I didn't expect him to say. 

"Ani. Let me explain," I dragged him to my car which was parked nearby and went to find the farthest Café Neda that I could find. It is the only café that I know I will be say talking. The car ride was a little tensed. I could not make myself talk. I could tell Dino is a bit comfortable and he knew something.  

I rushed to park the car at the empty slot even stealing it from another car who honked hard on us. "Hyung! Mwoya!" Dino staggered and held tight on the arm rest. 

When I finished parking, Dino immediately went out and apologized to the other car. Luckily, there was also another slot from the side. "Hyung, palli!" Dino nagged me to go out and apologized, too. 

I bowed to the other car after it had parked across us. Then we went inside the café. Dino was the one who ordered our drink while I went to find a place for us to sit. Dino had waited for our drink that he took for a while before coming to me. 

"Don't look tense, hyung. It is not bad to like someone especially for someone like you whom I have never seen date anyone," Dino explaining to me while he was putting our drinks down. 

"Ani," I was about to explain, but he cut me off. 

"Hyung, 괘찬나 (gwaechanna)! It is okay. I wouldn't mind and if you are not comfortable talking about it yet, I could stop 지금 당장 jigeum dangjang," Dino was assuring me. 

I smiled. "Sit. I have to really explain myself and it is not because I will be denying things," Only then when Dino sat and restfully looked at me. 

"Okay," Dino said. 

"I am doing those I just wanted to do it," I told him. I was nice and extra caring for Aaliyah because I just had the urge to do it. 

"It wasn't because of the bad things that happen when we first met. I wasn't taking good care of her right now because I kept on hurting her when we first met. I was just doing it because I felt like doing it. I don't really have any reason in specific," I explained at Dino who was looking at me and I think he was also attentively listening while he was drinking his Iced Americano. 

Dino began nodding. 

"Do you get what I mean? I enrolled in her class because I find her talented. Her works are amazing and I am just really curious of how she became a dance choreographer instead of anything else," I told him. 

That was somehow a lie, but it is true that I am amazed by her talent and her way of dancing. It is just everything about her makes me curious that I was willing to unravel every bit of her life. And I felt like I am somehow connected to her now, because I cannot really deny that  fact something about her is so familiar that it made me interested in her. 

"Your curiosity might kill someone, hyung. Just make sure that you are not hurting yourself nor anyone after trying whatever you are doing right now," Dino is growing up so fast. He is maturing so fast that I could tell he will be a good man. 

I nodded in agreement. 

I also promised. I am just curious, but I am also not imaging myself hurting someone with what am I doing.