Chapter 36 - Adding Flowers to the Brocade

The next day, during the morning greetings, everyone inevitably engaged in a war of words.

Yi Wanrong made a few jabs, implying that Ye Yun was envious of the newcomers and had incited the emperor to confine Zhang Baolin.

"Tsk... after all this time, Yi Wanrong still doesn't know my nature? Could it be that she wants to have fish again?"

Ye Yun shot a cold glance, making Wu Shi feel a chill down her spine and shiver involuntarily.

Indeed, one needs to be thoroughly disciplined to behave properly.

"Why didn't Consort Shu come today?" With Concubine Wen's position secure, she now attends morning greetings daily to avoid any negative remarks.

Jing Zhaoyi frowned as she spoke, "It seems she's ill. Last night, she even called the imperial physician."

The Empress nodded. "Consort Shu overindulged in cold foods, which harmed her stomach and caused a fever. She has taken the day off. You should all be mindful; it's already September, and we can't afford to be careless about cold. The Double Ninth Festival is the day after tomorrow. Don't let illness prevent you from attending."

"Thank you for your concern, Your Majesty," everyone responded in unison.

After leaving the Fengxi Palace, Yao Xiang (Yao Baolin) glanced at Ye Yun a few more times. At that moment, the Concubine Min suddenly approached Ye Yun.

"Ye Meiren, good day," Chen Shi greeted with a bow.

"No need for formalities. Is there something you need, Min Cairen?" Ye Yun asked.

She had no particular fondness for this person.

Min Cairen (previously Chen Baolin) smiled slightly, appearing somewhat embarrassed. "Regarding the matter with Lingxi Garden, I still want to offer my apologies to Ye Meiren. This hairpin is made of Hetian jade. Please accept it."

She then took a box from her maid and presented it.

Ye Yun glanced at it, raising an eyebrow slightly. "There's no need for apologies. It's all in the past and doesn't need to be mentioned further."

"This is a token of my sincerity. To be honest, I have something to ask of you. Recently, I wanted to embroider a handkerchief but wasn't satisfied with my design. I heard the Emperor say you have superb drawing skills. Could you possibly give me some guidance?" Min Cairen requested.

Ye Yun's eyes flickered. She was unsure of Chen Shi's true intentions.

Previously, when Yao Shi approached her, Chen Shi had often spoken sarcastically. Why was she approaching her now?

"Since Min Cairen thinks so highly of me, let's go together," Ye Yun said with a smile.

She was also curious about what Chen Shi was up to.

Yao Xiang, watching them from behind, lowered her gaze, feeling increasingly unsettled.

In her past life, Chen Suyu (Min Cairen's maiden name) had sought favor from Concubine Wen, and with the Emperor's affection and the Empress Dowager's support, she gained prominence.

Now, it seemed she was trying to curry favor with the Ye family.

Considering the changes involving the Ye family, could there be unexpected developments with Concubine Wen's child?

The feeling of losing control made Yao Xiang uncomfortable. She could see through almost everyone here but was completely unable to understand Ye Yun, making her more eager to eliminate this unexpected factor.