Chapter 130 - The Way to Make Money

After the banquet ended, Ye Yun habitually instructed someone to get her some food from the kitchen.

She didn't ask for anything complicated, just a bowl of shredded chicken noodles and some sesame cakes.

The kitchen specially sent someone to deliver it, along with four refreshing side dishes, showing their attentiveness.

"Jieyu, don't eat too much. Eat and sleep, but be careful of indigestion," Hui Yue reminded her.

Ye Yun nodded, "I'll just eat until I'm 70% full. I didn't feel comfortable at the banquet and only had some fruit wine."

Nan Zhi, who was preparing her bed, then brought up a matter.

"My stomach didn't feel well today, so I went to the Imperial Medical Bureau for medicine and bumped into Dan Ruo, who serves Sun Xiuyi. She said she went to get some scar-removing ointment, but the bureau didn't provide it, which really upset her."

"Sun Xiuyi?" Ye Yun paused for a moment, "I haven't seen her for a while. The plague didn't take her life, but it left scars on her face, which is worse than death."

For women in the palace, appearance was very important.

However, Ye Yun only sighed a bit, feeling no sympathy.

After all, everyone knew what Sun Xiuyi had done to Xia Meiren, even if it wasn't spoken aloud.

To be frank, Sun Xiuyi wasn't a good person, and this was probably karma.

"We don't need to pity her. She gave our Jieyu a hard time back then; she deserves it!" Hui Yue said.

Even someone as good-tempered as her was indignant.

Ye Yun smiled, "If it doesn't concern me, I won't involve myself. As long as I'm comfortable, it's fine. Prepare the bath; I'm tired."

"Yes, right away," Hui Yue responded, smiling as she went to make arrangements.

Ye Yun stayed detached, but some people couldn't stop thinking about her.

____

In Weirui Pavilion, Yao Xiang returned from the banquet with a somber face.

Today, the Emperor spoke about Imperial Merchants, which didn't exist in her previous life. Not to mention the Chu family's connection to the royal family and the Zhou family; in her previous life, they were always unfavored, without any promotion during the Mid-Autumn Festival.

She originally thought Ye Yun could only influence changes within the harem, but she didn't expect changes in the court as well.

This was beyond her expectations.

"Xiuyi, you didn't eat much at the banquet. Should we have the kitchen prepare something hot?" Qi Wen asked softly.

Seeing Yao Xiang in a bad mood, she didn't dare disturb her.

"Eat? How can I eat with Ye Yun in such a favorable position!" Yao Xiang snapped irritably.

Qi Wen, frightened, quickly lowered her head, "Please don't be angry, Xiuyi. I'm stupid and upset you. I just think Ming Jieyu isn't pregnant, but Yi Jieyu is more of a threat."

"What do you know? Ye Yun can casually say something and get the Emperor to promote Zhou Cairen. What is her status? Just a Jieyu, and she can make the Emperor give her face."

"Now, the Chu family has gained power, and the Emperor needs people, so they benefit. You see him often visiting Wu Shi, but he actually cares more for Ye Yun!"

Having been through a lifetime together, Yao Xiang knew how Ning Chen felt about Yi Jieyu.

Wu Shi was favored entirely because the Wu family was useful.