Workaholic

It was a late night. Outside Gardenview, thunder could be heard roaring outside, rain tapped relentlessly on the window as of begging to be let in to soak the carpet and furniture. Of course, this didn't prevent one stubborn toon from working on, files opened on his desk and papers scattered over the surface.

Rodger The Magnifying Glass was what could be described as a workaholic. Of course, he took breaks occasionally in order to spend time with Toodles, who he cared for like a daughter. Though, one particular Toon always seemed to wander into his room, bringing sweets, talking to him and complaining about other toons. Well, mostly Shrimpo, Rodger pitied anyone who shared a floor with the spiteful shrimp.

Of course, the toon that liked to barge in and pester Rodger was none other than Glisten The Mirror. Flashy, loud, and egotistical in public. He was, surprisingly, much calmer alone. He was affectionate, though he still enjoyed pestering Rodger. The detective toon paused from his work, casting his eye to the clock. Glisten was usually there by now, rambling on about his day, various tricks to make his makeup last longer, anything really...

As if on cue, the door pushed open, and a slender bodied, golden toon slipped through the door. Glisten arrived. The bow around his waist was a bit looser, perhaps because it was late. Glisten wandered over, standing behind Rodger's chair and looking at the case files below. Rodger followed the other's gaze, a sigh leaving him. The papers were all mixed up now... How was he going to put them away?

"Your desk is always so messy," Glisten drawled. Before Rodger could object, Glisten stacked a few files, set them out of the way, and planted himself on Rodger's desk. Glisten crossed his arms.

"It's late, Rodger. Your glass is all smudged from you rubbing your eye," Glisten huffed, arms crossed over his chest. Rodger sighed, knowing Glisten had an eye for such things.

"There's too much to do, Glisten. Cases to close, things to put together. I'm still trying to figure out who took that container of baked goods Sprout made from the kitchen."

Glisten huffed, though his gaze softened. He sighed, reached down to take Rodger's hand in his. Glisten held it for a moment as he spoke.

"The cases will be there tomorrow. Sprout bakes enough to fill the fridge anyways, one container isn't much different. And the rest... You can sort those later."

Rodger looked at Glisten. He couldn't argue much, Glisten was stubborn as a mule with arguments. Though, it could be a good thing at times. Glisten hopped off the desk, and Rodger noticed a pair of fluffy pink slippers on his feet. No wonder he was so quiet walking around the halls. Glisten lightly pulled Rodger from his chair, towards the unmade bed underneath a raindrop covered window. Rodger followed without much fuss.

"Have I ever told you how great silk sheets are for shine?" Glisten talked, though it was clear his usual passion was tinged with sleep. He sat on the bed, and Rodger followed.

"You'll do fine with polyester. I assume you want to stay here tonight?"

Glisten blinked. Was he truly predictable to Rodger? Glisten sighed, mumbling, "Yes... I don't want to be alone at night."

Rodger nodded, tossing the wrinkles comforter aside. Without complaint, Glisten snuggled into the sheets, with Rodger beside him. The comforter fell back over them, after a moment.

It didn't take long for the two sleepy toons to find each other. Glisten had an arm tossed over Rodger's chest, his head resting somewhere on the detective's collar. Meanwhile, Rodger had an arm around Glisten's waist, lightly fidgeting with the loosely tied bow that covered the gold bodied toon.

Both fell asleep after a few minutes, to the rain pattered against the window and the thunder purring like a kitten, in each other's embrace.