Chapter 6 - Witch Hunt

Stacy POV

“All now me cyah understand why yuh deh here for a whole 24 hours and keep looking through my windows. Yuh wanted Stacy?”

This is the only place I felt like I could hide but now I see it was a mistake cause my mother just a nagg me.

Me well wah run har weh enuh but me a try keep my teeth dem.

“I told you I miss you and—”

“Stacy, cut the bull–, look here nuh don't make me talk against my lord and saviour. Yuh hear me?”

“Mommy, I'm going to sleep. Anyone who shows up here for me just tell them you haven't seen me.”

She hissed her teeth. “As him show up and pushing you outside. Unuh a big married people.”

“Even if he looking for me to kill me?”

“Yes!” She snapped then walked to her bedroom and closed the door.

I looked out the window once more. He hasn't shown up here yet, surprisingly.

Chalkline's POV 

I kept telling myself that every stop I made was my last stop but I couldn't stop.

“Garrick, yuh want a drink?”

He knew I didn't want no fucking drink. I sat on a chair across from him and just thought about how much EJ looks like him.

“You have Stacy here? A that me come ‘bout.”

He shook his head. “Haven't seen her. I thought you implanted a chip into her.” He took a sip of his liquid while looking at me over the glass.

This pussy yah feel like a joke me run. If me shoot him now yuh hear seh me wicked.

“Hear wah mi a seh, mi nah run no joke with nobody about my wife right now suh mi a suggest that if you know her whereabouts, for less problems and the sake of peace, yuh make me know.”

He took a breath and placed the glass on the table beside. He crossed one leg over the other. What a fucka fava EJ.

“Mr. Walker, let me repeat myself. I do not have the slightest clue where your wife might be.”

I checked my surroundings for anything that might be hers, I saw nothing.

“Alright, if a that yuh seh but If me find out she was here, me promise yuh nah like it.”

He picked up his glass and took a sip as I stood up to leave. “Might I suggest something Chalkline?”

“Wah dat?” I turned to him and asked.

“If she is hiding from you, leave her alone. Clearly she wants some time to herself.”

Dah man yah a piss me off. “Yuh or nobody nuh get to tell me that and me nuh care seh a yuh piss har out.”

He chuckled while swirling the liquor, the sound of the ice hitting the glass toyed with my anxiety.

“I hope one day a man doesn't look at you and tell you this while trying to find one of your daughters.”

“When we reach dah bridge deh me cross it and if mi cyah cross it, me bun It down and all wi stuck. Have a nice day.”

I stepped out of the house and got into my car. I wasn't sure where to go now because I've been almost everywhere and it was getting late.

Stacy's POV 

I wanted to turn my phone on but he had it In his possession for a while and I'm thinking he might be tracking me.