Chapter 14 - Lead

Chalkline's POV

"I'm in the bushes, Jaria. I'm on the ground. My leg is stuck and I don't want to move it."

"Ok, I have help with me. Just shine the light and keep waving it until we get to you."

"Okay."

I kept waving the light until I was exhausted. Once more I tried moving my foot but felt something sticking into it. .

"Dr. Ellis, yuh with me still?"

All I got were grunts and moans and It was hard to tell where the cries were coming from, I lost all visibility in the dark..

I rested my hand a little then started again. "This nah guh work enuh. They were taking too long and my phone battery was low.

Again, I moved my foot slowly this time. I felt the sharp pain pinching my ankle and moving upwards as I tried pulling out my foot from whatever had it clutched.

The pain was unbearable and I just had to stop. Resorting back to the phone light, I lifted my hand and kept waving and shouting Jaria until I heard footsteps coming towards me.

"Ellis, yuh better pray a dem this or a nuh your skin alone aguh burn to night." I took my gun out, turned the light, laid flat and waited for the words..

"Broken Lion," she said and my heart and gun came down.

"Shit, me did think a it this enuh."

He did indeed have company with her, my company. Cross, Czar and Harrison.

"No, bredda me know you love bush enuh but a night now and yuh have got the benz involved?" Cross ask and God know me wah shoot him.

"Cross, a nuh the time bredda. Me need help to get out of this cause me foot stuck and someone is somewhere and dem really need help."

They started working quickly to get me out of the car. After I was freed they proceeded to help Ellis.

"Bomboclaat, who Bar-B-Q dah one yah?" Cross asked.

"A who this G?" Czar asked.

I looked at Jaria and she knew exactly what to do. "I don't know, I was just helping out and got distracted then ran off the road."