Chapter 15

(Scarlet's POV)

I could hear footsteps around me. My eyes started to flutter open, and I had to blink a couple times to adjust to the white lights. I glanced around slowly, and furrowed my brows.

"You're in the hospital wing, dear. You were pretty beat up." Madame Pomfrey assured me, patting my hand. I groaned, and tried to sit up, to get out of bed.

"Oh no, no! You lay down. Don't move."

I sighed, obeying her. I looked to my right, and I let out a small gasp. To my surprise, Severus was sitting in a chair, asleep.

I turned my head to face Madame Pomfrey. "How long have I been asleep?" I asked nervously.

"Since yesterday afternoon." she answered with a small smile.

I let out a breath, "How long has he been here?" I asked, pointing to the sleeping potions professor.

"Since yesterday afternoon." she repeated, smiling knowingly.

With that, she left my bedside, and a small smile grew on my face. He's been here with me the whole time.

I laid my head back on the pillow, and closed my eyes in content.

A moment later, I heard stirring and groaning sounds coming from my right. I turned my head, and Snape was just waking up.

After he rubbed the sleep from his eyes, he met my gaze. There was a small, but somehow comfortable silence, before he spoke.

"How are you feeling?"

"Like I've been beat up." I replied, half jokingly, but also half serious.

"I'm pleased to see you awake. You gave me quite a scare." Severus admitted, an unreadable expression on his face.

I couldn't help the silly grin that graced my lips. "You saved my life, Severus. Thank you."

He moved his chair closer to my bedside, and gripped my hand tightly. "It was no trouble. I did it because I love you, Scarlet."

I smirked, biting my lip happily, and before I could take a risk to kiss him, I heard my name being yelled throughout  the hospital wing.

I pulled back slightly from Severus, and was just able to sit back in my bed, when the curtains were pulled back, and Emaly was standing there.

She had relieved tears in her eyes, and before I knew it, she was jumping onto the bed, and hugging me.

I winced a little, but wrapped my arms around her.

"I thought you were dead, Scar, oh my god!!! I'm so thankful you're okay."

I smirked. "You're stuck with me, it seems."

Emaly grinned wide. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

"What about my dad?" I asked, my heart pounding at the thought of him.

"Azkaban." Severus spoke up.

I let out a deep breath of relief.

"Um, Scar, there's someone else here to see you..He's been here since you were brought back." Emaly admitted, seemingly confused.

I looked up to the front of my bed, as the footsteps approached.

I froze in my bed at the appearance of the person, not knowing whether to scream in joy or yell in anger.

"Hi Scarlet."

I chuckled in disbelief at the attractive, dark-haired visitor. "Marco???! What are you doing here?!"

Emaly laughed, "You two know each other? Scar, he came here looking for you. Said he heard about what happened. Said he--"

I held up a hand gently, stopping her from continuing, never breaking eye contact with Marco. "Emaly, this is my ex-boyfriend, and a dear childhood friend, Marco D. Germaine."

I could feel Snape's eyes on me, and I couldn't bring myself to look at him.

All I heard was the scraping of the chair, as he got up. He walked around to the front of the bed, and stood in front of Marco, facing me. I managed to meet his eyes.

"I will leave you to your friends." I could hear the growl in his voice. I opened my mouth to speak to him, but I couldn't form words, as Severus turned around with a swish of his cape, and exited the hospital wing.

Marco walked up to my bedside, and sat down, gripped my hand, and kissed it lightly.

My heart fluttered, as all the memories involving Marco, good and bad, came to mind.

Man, was I in a predicament.

*******

A/N: As you can see, Scarlet's past has returned. What did you think? Comment, vote! x