Compromise and Forever Ties

Sebastian POV

When they awoke the next morning, Sebastian had his arms wrapped around Iris. He slowly opened his eyes and saw Ominis already dressed and sitting in the chair across from the bed. He was "looking at them" but didn't have his cane.

He stirred, he felt energy coursing through him, he felt like he could do anything. He looked down at the places where his arms were touching Iris and they felt warm and tingly.

"Feels odd, huh? Good, but odd." Ominis said.

"Ummm what's going on?" Sebastian asked.

"I can see her power flowing into you. I only see the parts of you that are touching her, so about half of you". Ominis said, but he wasn't really making sense.

"Wait, you can see her power?" He was shocked.

Ominis went onto describe how they had been connected through this power for over a month now, that their connection came after they had been honest about everything.

"I guess you really do love her, since you were truly honest with her....and now you two are bonded as well", Ominis sounded sad and detached. Not exactly a welcome endorsement. He knew Ominis was going to struggle with this. He gently rolled away from her and walked over to Ominis. He was still naked, but let's be honest, that probably worked in his favor more than anything. Ominis was now holding his cane casually to his left side.

He stood in front of Ominis, "I do, I love her very much. We talked a lot last night, including about what you did for Anne...after she passed."

Ominis waved him off casually, looking away. It seemed neither one of them still felt comfortable talking about her loss. He kneeled down and pulled Ominis' face towards his. "Ominis, thank you, thank you for being everything I'm not. You are a better man than I".

Ominis shifted, obviously uncomfortable with the gratitude. He never did know how to take it. Sebastian smiled....and decided to try something.

"Om, it's not only Iris that I love. I love you too, I have since I can remember." He tried to pour all his emotion into the confession.

Ominis still looked uncomfortable. "But then you left."

"Then I left, because I am a coward, but not because I didn't love you dearly". His voice was wavering. He tried to be strong in front of Ominis, he was too good for him though, they both knew it.

"I don't know what to say Sebastian. I loved you with every fiber of my being....now I don't. I care for you....yes, I do...but I don't love you, I love her". He didn't waver, he sounded like he was trying to convince himself to even care about him at all. His heart stopped, and died more than a little. He really had fucked it up with the someone who he always thought would be at his side. He dropped his head, and stood up.

"Thanks for being honest. I don't think I can do this anymore...."

Ominis sat up straighter, "well, you want her, don't you? She will be devastated. Don't break her heart too Sebastian". His face had contorted into a face that he didn't even know Ominis could possess. He looked utterly cold and void of conscience to protect what was his.

Sebastian sighed....he couldn't hurt her, not again.

"So....what? You marry the girl of our dreams and I keep fucking you two for your amusement?" He couldn't keep the spite out of his voice.

Ominis eased back in his chair, some gentleness seeping back through. "I didn't say I didn't enjoy having you around. My suggestion is to get as much out of this as you can, and we will cross those bridges when we come to it. You have her....if the roles were reversed I would stay and take whatever she would let me have. I will be marrying her though, I've never wanted anything more in my life".