Chapter 13

Emma's P.O.V

"My head is fuzzy." I say with a heavy tongue and then I feel a hand run over my hair.

"It's just a side effect of the medicine. Go to bed." Lena's voice comes to me softly and then I drop into dream land.

~~~

It's been two months since the last time I saw Regina. I've been locked in my room the entire time. There was a magical change to my door over one night and they now send my food under the door. I haven't had human contact since I got over my mysterious illness. Elise sent notes under the door after the change happened but those stopped coming a week ago. I know it was because of the queen.

I sometimes feel as if I must be going insane. A human needs contact with other people. It's just a necessity to stay sane. It's normal to want to be loved. I tried to talk to Mulan through the door since I know she's there but she won't say a word to me. Her Majesty has decided to cut me off completely. It's her way of controlling me. 

I did ask for a pen and paper and that was delivered though. I've written letters to Henry, Snow, David and even My Queen. I ripped up the one I wrote to her into a million tiny pieces and threw them out the window so she would never know about it. I begin to keep a diary of some sorts but everything I wrote was gibberish, almost like in another language. I keep those anyway, so maybe one day I can figure out what's wrong with me. 

I find myself sitting at the window a lot, the plush seat there drawing me in. It's so comfortable. I often drag the blanket from my bed over to the window and sit there to observe the people on the grounds. I'm sitting there on the window seat, watching the setting sun colour the sky pink and orange when the door clicks, making me jump. I turn around quickly, unsure if I heard properly. I watch as the door opens slowly, and I hold my breath.

"Hello Emma." I hear the sultry voice ask and my heart begins to pound.

"Your Majesty." I say, my time alone in here is allowing me to train myself. I need to act how she wants me too act so I can get "privileges" and get out of here somehow.

"How are you today dear?"

"I'm fine." I say hesitantly and then I quickly say, "How are you?"

She sits on the chair in front of the mirror and gives me a sly smile. "I'm lovely."

"That's good." I say. There is a moment of silence and I watch her look around the room. Every night while I'm sleeping something cleans it for me but it's only the evening and my bed isn't made and my wardrobe is open and messy. 

"So Emma, how are you feeling?" She asks finally. 

"I guess I'm okay." I say, shrugging. I watch her get up, her deep red gown moving with her, barely touching the floor as she walks. The sound of her heels and the blood pumping through my veins is the only thing I can hear as she comes closer to me. My Queen stops when she is a foot away from me and I look up into her cold brown eyes.

"Tell me dear, how has isolation been?" She asks with a straight face. My mouth parts just slightly and I look down at my hands clasped in my lap. I look up quickly when her hand touches my head, smoothing down my hair. I shudder slightly, a chill running through my body. 

"Did you miss my touch?" She asks with a low voice and I just barely nod.

"I need human affection." I whisper. When I see her smirk I look out the window, avoiding her insistent gaze. Her Majesty continues to lightly stroke my hair for a moment and then she takes a seat beside me. 

"Come dear, lay your head on my lap." My Queen instructs quietly and I do as she says, unable to control myself. I twist myself a bit and lay down, my hair flowing over her legs and she runs her fingers through it.