Chapter 23

Regina's P.O.V

"Did I hurt anyone?" She says quietly and I look down at her with my eyebrows pulled together in confusion.

"What do you mean?" I ask her.

"I got so... so angry and then I screamed and there was a bright flash. When it cleared they were gone. Did I hurt them?" She asks, looking up at me. I notice her eyes get glassy and look away, not wanting to sympathize with her. It would be weakness; unnecessary weakness.

"No dear, they're fine. They left of their own free will." I tell her and she takes a deep breath, her panic floating away.

"Okay." She whispers, still following me without any resistance. "Okay."

~~~

I let her sleep in my bed that night and find her cuddled into my side the next morning like a faithful dog. I push her away gently and get my maid to make up a bath for me. I'll let her sleep and then she can decide her reward. After screaming at her own mother I think she deserves it. 

I finish up in the bath and go back out into my bed chambers. I observe Emma's naked sleeping form on the bed, her long legs curled into up into her. I walk over to my closet and flip through the gowns. Red, black, purple. Ah yes, purple seems like a good fit. I snap my fingers and find the material snug on my body, the corset and underthings on me along with it. I slip on a pair of intimidating heels and walk back out into the main room. I open the door and immediately the guard stands to attention.

"Fetch Elise." I tell him simply and he nods before hurrying away. I only wait for a few moments before the maid knocks at the door.

"Come in." I call out, not caring about the volume. I notice Emma stir slightly but I pay her no mind. 

"You called for me Your Majesty?" Elise asks and I nod. I watch as her gaze shifts from me to Emma momentarily and she quickly looks away when she notices Emma's bare form on the bed. 

"Yes. I need you to do my hair and make-up." I tell her. She nods before walking closer. I conjure up the tools and products and she begins to work. She's just finishing with my make-up and starting on my hair when I notice Emma shifting on the bed before a head pops up. 

"My Queen?" I hear a muffled, groggy voice say and I hold up a hand to stop Elise.

"Good morning Emma." I say, turning to look at her. She rubs a hand over her eyes and blinks a few times to clear them. When she notices Elise and the room she immediately grabs a sheet, covering her body. 

"Elise fetch a maid to run Emma a bath." I say and the girl walks into the hallway before coming back.

"Would you like me to finish?" She asks and I nod. 

"Yes, finish. Emma," I call out, capturing the woman's attention. "Go into the bathroom and wait for the maid. Once you're done bathing you will get dressed and join me in the dining hall." I tell her and she nods quickly.

"Yes, My Queen." Emma says, and slips off the bed. Elise averts her eyes as Emma darts into the bathroom, covering her body with her hands. 

~~~

Snow's P.O.V

The ride back from Regina's castle is quiet, the air thick with tension. I keep my lips pressed together, not wanting to speak of what happened. I merely listen to the sound of my horse's hooves pounding against the earth. 

"Snow we need to talk." David says and I sigh. 

"David-" I start, looking over to him but he cuts me off.