George × Reader

Your steps echoed off the bare halls. No students walked them now. Its nighttime, and your lucky to not be caught.

Making your way to the courtyard, you see the twins sitting against a rock, poring over the objects in their hands. You quietly walk over, and sit down beside them.

Fred turns his head - looking at you, smiles, then turns back to George. He does something that makes George laugh and blush. In the pale moonlight, you raise your eyebrow, wondering what Fred did.

He turns back, handing you on of the small gadgets. You stare at it, confused.

"Tomorrow's our last day. Might aswell make the best of it. Go around the halls, place these in every hiding spot you can. Tomorrow before the leaving, me and George'll start them up. See how mad Flint gets!"

George hands you a full box of the weird-looking gadgets. Taking them, you feel worry start up inside you. You hate the dark. It wasn't easy to get here - with lumos. But heading all around the halls, you won't be able to use lumos forever.

Turning around, you start off. Down the large, long hallways. Merlin, you should turn around right now. But you already have the job told to you. It's for the boys. For him. Just do it.

You barely made it down a hall before wanting to turn back. Maybe... you can just do this tomorrow morning.

Turning around, you see George. He smirks at you, jogging to get to you quicker.

"Already giving up on us?" He says, leaning against the wall.

You look at your shoes. You didn't want to tell George you're scared of the dark. But he's probably finding out right now.

He feel a hand on your shoulder. Looking up, George gives you a guilty look. "You don't like the dark?" He asks.

You nod. "I'll walk with you," he smiles, taking your hand.

Almost gasping, you hold tight to his hand. Your other arm is holding up the box. Slowly, you and George make your way through the halls. Placing gadgets here and there.

You two get to the third floor when you see it. The small light which means on thing. Flint. Pulling you to his chest, you two hide behide a pillar.

You can feel his breath on your ear as he slowly watched Filch walk the other way. He lets you go, but you stay close to his side as you rotate around to watch Filch.

Suddenly, Filch starts to turn. You turn around and push yourself against George, and he puts his arm around you waist. You stay like that tell George let's you go. Looking back to Filch, he already walked all the way down the hallway. George held onto you for a while.

Trying to hide your blush, you two turn the to the hallway Filch left. You felt George's hand slip back into yours, and you both start back the job.

After making your way up to the fourth floor, you two head back down to the courtyard. According to George, it's time to meet back up with Fred.

When you two get back, still holding hands, Fred sits apon his rock, smiling. "Did you two goof off our do your job?"

You blush, but George comes out saying : "I'd say both."

You smile, letting go of his hand and walking to Fred. You don't see the scowl that hits his face when you do.

Fred does, smirking and moving so you'd have room to sit down. He knows you aren't cold, since you have your (House) scarf and a sweater, but he acts like you are and puts his coat on your shoulders. George glares, sitting on a rock across from them.

Fred spoke about what halls were forgotten and how many more gadgets they need by later today - but George barely listened. His eyes were glued to the coat on your shoulders.

After a while, Fred burst out laughing - taking his coat back. He loved watching George get annoyed. You didn't understand why he was laughing - but followed along.

George rolled his eyes, getting up and pushing Fred away and taking his spot. Not to be rude, but he doesn't even want Percy sitting by you. Much less Fred.