CHAPTER 121

At some point in the past shortly after Panda's birth, Masamichi Yaga was confined to a cell with both hands wrapped in talismans. He was interrogated by Gakuganji on behalf of the higher-ups. It's normal for a cursed corpse to operate independently but they usually consume cursed energy provided by its user as fuel. In comparison, Panda was a self-supporting cursed corpse that can generate his own cursed energy. The higher-ups fear that Masamichi could create an army and were at one time in the process of designating him as special grade with an indefinite restraint. After stating this to Masamichi, Gakuganji asked how Panda was made, but Masamichi insisted that he didn't know.

Masamichi was currently on the run and residing in a forest next to one of his dolls. The cursed corpse was able to talk and calls out to Masamichi, saying everyone was worried about how gloomy he's become. The doll told the others that they should cheer Masamichi up. Then he asks Masamichi "aren't I a genius" for confirmation it was a good idea. Masamichi pets him and reveals he won't be able to return anytime soon. He adds that Master Tengen protects the forest their hiding in and his mother will come to see him again.

Masamichi opens a small door at the base of a tree where many of his small, harmless, independent cursed corpses reside. They'll be fine without him but they made sure to tell Masamichi that they'll miss him. Meanwhile, inside the isolation holding chamber at Jujutsu High, Panda has been captured and used as a lure to draw out Masamichi. Kusakabe uses his katana to cut Panda free. He's doing this as a favor to repay Masamichi but makes sure to tell Panda not to reveal who helped him.

In the past, Masamichi created an independent cursed corpse with Kusakabe's nephew's soul information. His sister couldn't live on without her son's support and remained completely idle in a wheelchair. When brought together to meet, Masamichi's doll asked if that woman was his mother and then asked "aren't I a genius" because he was right. Kusakabe's sister recognized her son's mannerisms and that catchphrase, so she instantly ran over out of her wheelchair to embrace him. She called the cursed corpse Takeru repeatedly while squeezing him in her arms. Masamichi couldn't allow Takeru to live with his mother because Panda wasn't around yet and it couldn't get out that a fully independent cursed corpse existed. Kusakabe apologized and emotionally expresses his gratitude to Masamichi for doing this for his family.

Back in the present, Masamichi was confronted by a masked sorcerer with a scar across his left eye, an underling of the higher-ups. He asks where Masamichi was going without any cursed corpses to back him up. While removing his jacket, the Tokyo Principal simply replies that he's going to see his son. The masked sorcerer doesn't quite know what Masamichi means but reviews the severity of the situation nonetheless. Masamichi has received the death sentence and the only way to save himself was to reveal how to create independent cursed corpses immediately. Masamichi says his adversaries have gotten comfortable getting pushy without Satoru around. The masked man agrees, especially because he's been accompanied by a veteran sorcerer.