CHAPTER 111

At 10:20 P.M. Nanami meets up with the Zenin Team consisting of Maki and the family head, Naobito. They follow the Inokashira Line in Shibuya Station, entering through the avenue gate and immediately heading down toward B5F to rescue Satoru Gojo.

The Zenin Team was surprised to learn that Gojo was actually sealed. Nanami also informs them that a Pseudo-Geto was the primary cause of this incident. Naobito would personally be fine with allowing things to continue as they were so that he can bear witness to the decline of the Gojo Clan. Annoyed, Maki tells him to leave if he's not going to be any help. Naobito believes Maki was the one who should go home, a sentiment Nanami actually agrees with.

Maki believes she's more useful than a drunk, a comment that surprises Nanami. Annoyed, he asks Naobito if he's been drinking but the old man denies it. This makes Nanami consider maybe he was better off going on as his own. As they descend the stairs and run toward the next set of stairs, Maki and Nanami notice a cursed spirit in the area.

Dagon, the octopus-like curse in Mahito's group, timidly hides behind a pillar. Nanami tells Maki to leave it to him and draw his sword. However, Nanami and Maki were both shocked when Naobito tells them they're too slow. Using his cursed technique, Naobito suddenly traps Dagon in a sealed frame. He uses a fierce right hook to punch him out of it, sending Dagon flying across the room and crashing into another pillar.

Maki asks Nanami if he saw what happened but it was too fast for either of them to follow. Laying on the ground in agony and sweating profusely, Dagon vomits up countless human skeletons. Amused, Naobito asks the little cursed spirit how many people he ate. Dagon calls out to Mahito, Jogo, and Hanami, but abruptly recalls that Hanami perished in the previous battles.

Enraged, Dagon sheds his skin and asks how dare the sorcerers kill Hanami. Interested, Naobito looks up to see Dagon's evolved form levitating above him. He understands why Dagon was so weak, he was just a cursed womb before.

Dagon creates a sphere of water on his fingertip, promoting Naobito to react by taking a defensive stance. The curse generates a massive current of water that nearly sweeps Maki away. She then stabs her spear into one of the pillars and stands on it to avoid the massive volume of water. This level of output far surpasses Megumi's Max Elephant, but Naobito was able to get rid of the water by trapping it inside frames. He asks the cursed spirit how many frames were in an animated sequence and adds that these days it's all about resolution, using examples like 4K and 60FPS.

Dagon responds by revealing his name as well as the names of his allies. He tries to express the significance of cursed spirits bearing names while Naobito shouts about the unrefined nature of modern animation. Nanami uses this distraction to get above Dagon and strike with his Ratio Technique. He strikes down with his blunt sword on Dagon, which the curse blocks with his forearm. It takes a moment but Nanami's cursed technique takes effect, sending Dagon crashing back to the ground using a critical hit.

Maki attempts to follow up by slashing her spear at Dagon's head, but the cursed spirit grabs it. Before he can retaliate, Naobito touches Dagon and traps him inside a frame again. This allows Nanami to dive down on top of the curse and strike him through the frame. This time, Dagon blocks Nanami's sword with a shield of water, repelling the critical hit and frustrating Nanami.