Chapter 5

Soon daylight appeared and Sonic woke up in central square, confused in pain and lost.
   Sonic wandered the back allies of the city to stay away from his friends until this was fixed.
   Looking at his hands Sonic noticed his fur,still black, looking into a dirty puddle he saw his reflection his eyes were green, but he knew he wasn't fine.
   Walking down the sidewalks of the city was Knuckles and Tails who were searching across the city to find Sonic.
   They were too close It was too late to move. With his dark fur Sonic tried his best to stay hidden in the shadows in hopes of not being seen.
   Tails took a glace at the shadowy figure and asked, "Sonic? Hey Sonic!" Tails and Knuckles ran into the ally and there Sonic was staring down at his feet wondering. What am I going to tell them?
   Knuckles began to speak. "Hey Sonic where have you been!? We've been worried sick about you."
   Sonic stood still not wanting to answer or even look at his friends face to face.
   "Eggman.." Sonic sighed. "He...he did something to me.." Looking down at his hands, he feels Tails's hand over his shoulder.
   "What did he do too you?" Tails asks.
   Sonic hesitates but turns and steps into the light so they can see. Tails flinched and took a step back Knuckles only stood keeping guard.
   "Sonic...what happened?" Tails's voice was soft and slow trying to calm Sonic down.
   "It doesn't matter.." Sonic growled. "I'm the reason he's dead!"
   Tails and Knuckles jumped at Sonic's outburst. "He did this to me and I killed him for it!"
   Tails was starting to worry more for Sonic, "Sonic are you oka-" Tails was cut off by Sonic who was pinning him against the wall, Tails was held up by his neck shocked to see what Sonic is doing.
   Sonic gave out a dark chuckle, "Do you think I want this? I don't want to hurt you but if I need for you to stay away from me..well.." Sonic began tightening his grip.
   Knuckles started to run towards Sonic in hopes to save Tails. Sonic suddenly screamed in pain his fur darkened even more leaving out a dark arua.
   Sonic kneed Tails in his ribs and threw him down, Knuckles grinded his teeth at the sight.
   Sonic's eyes began to glow, Knuckles quickly launched himself to Sonic.
   But to his surprise Sonic only gave a punch before knocking out a tooth of his.
   Sonic laughed, "Heed my warning stay away from me! Or the next time any of you see me I'll kill you both!"
   Knuckles glaced at Tails who was hunched over in pain, Sonic ran off into the darkness, laughing like a madman.

   As the minutes passed Knuckles was finally able to stand to his feet and aid Tails.
   "Tails! Tails!" Knuckles screamed. "Come on little buddy wake up.."
   Tails slowly spat out a little blood, "Wha..what happened?" Tails was still in pain from Sonics blow.
   Knuckles scoffed "We had out butts handed to us.."
   Tails slowly sat up holding his chest with one hand. "Why would Sonic do this.."
   Knuckles rubbed his jaw even though he was beaten with bruises Knuckles continued to speak. "I sensed a really dark energy in Sonic something isn't right Tails."
   Knuckles put his arm under Tails's to pull him to his feet.
   "Let's head home and rest tomorrow we'll get Shadow and see if he can snap Sonic to his senses, but for now we should rest..
   Tails nodded, both friends made it home by sundown and there Amy was terrified to see her friends beaten.
   Amy sat Knuckles and Tails down she then started to question them as if she was their mother.
   Tails slowly fell asleep leaving Knuckles with all the explaining.
Knuckles sighed he felt Amy would be heart broken with the news, but he told her anyways.
   "Tails and I searched in the city like you asked and ...we found Sonic.. "
   Amy's eyes widened with hope and joy, Sonic is alive she thought, I can still marry him.
   Knuckles sighed and began telling her what happened. Little by little Knuckles saw Amy's expression change from joy to anger.
   "That's impossible my Sonic would never do such a thing!" Amy protested.
   Knuckles growled, "Look at me look at Tails! He beat us till we started to bleed!"
   As stubborn as she was she ignored Knuckles's warnings and stormed out of the house to search for Sonic...