Chapter 13

Knuckles groaned in pain as he woke up noticing no one was home.
   "Agh damn it..." Pulling the blanket off of him he painfully got to his feet. "The hell happened?" Looking around Knuckles noticed his wounds were treated leaving little scars.
   "Crap how long was I out for? Where is everyone?!" Panicked Knuckles limped around slowly gaining strength to walk.
   He opened the front door with ease and made sure it was locked. "I'll go search I'll find someone around maybe downtown."
   Knuckles began walking heading to near the city, making small trips and falls but forcing himself up and continue.
   He had to find his friends.

   Bored with toying with Amy Sonic silently flew up back to Eggman's crumbling building. I got to make sure they don't find that journal, Sonic thought.
   Sonic flew over highest floor. The building was half demolished from the top floors with papers and trash flying out with the wind.
   With the sun setting. Sonic used the shadows and darkness around him he cloaked himself becoming practically invisible. He searched. Thinking: Clearly they haven't reached this floor. That Fox's broken leg will only slow them down its only right that I put him out of his misery soon, but first that journal.

   Amy got to her feet as soon as she heard footsteps getting closer, she wiped her eyes as fast as she could too look normal. "H-hey Blaze. What took you so lon-" Amy turned to see Knuckles softly limping towards her.
   "Knuckles!? What are you doing up? You should be back home where it's safe!" Amy rushed to Knuckles immediately forgetting the poisoning whispers that were in her mind.
   "Hey come on I'm alright I bumped into Blaze earlier too."
   Amy tilted her head in confusion. "Why didn't she come with you?"
   "She told me she felt a disturbance with the sol emeralds and ran off before I had a chance to ask what was going on"- Knuckles paused to look around. -" hey where are the others?"
   Amy sighed. "Shadow Tails and Silver are searching dumb Eggman's place something about a clue."
   Knuckles felt the anger in Amy's words and decided to not push for more. "Well can you walk with me back home? You seem done with being here."
   Amy slowly smiled, "I would love to go I'm sure they'll be fine."
   Together they started to head home, to what awaited them they did not know.

   Shadow was starting to loathe holding Tails up using his shoulder his body tilted to match Tails, his chest would become stiff with pain.
   "Did you find anything Silver!?" Shadow yelled.
   "Not yet but you should come check this out!" Silver yelled.
   Shadow gave a low growl. "Better find something soon its getting dark."
   "My thoughts exactly, we should check this place and then come tomorrow,"- Tails shivered. -" this place is giving me the creeps.
   "Woah guys come on and check this thing out!" Silver yelled.
   Shadow looked down on Tails, and got a good grip on him taking the stairs two at a time. Tail whined but Shadow ignored it and continued.
   Shadow walked into a room where the door was broken down and helped Tails in dropping him on a rusty burnt chair and followed Silver.
   Tails watched as Shadow kept walking stretching his back. "What is it Silver?" Shadow sighed.
   Silver patted a big hunk of metal. "Look at this thing I think it was fire proof."
   "Yeah and?"
   "Annnd there's a little place for a chaos emerald. Don't you wanna see what it does?"
   "Silver we don't have time to fool around!" Shadow snapped.
   "Guys don't fight." Tails slowly walked towards them and on his arms were dirty steel crutches helping him stay up.
   "Tails are you okay?" Silver asked. "Wait where'd you find those?"
   "Saw them on the ground just for me." Tails gave a small smile.
   "Well that's good you can support yourself. Come on let's go to the next floor there's nothing here." Shadow said.
   "Shadow come on I bet you didn't notice this room is way more destroyed than the rest I think this is where the fire started."
   Shadow looked around to see Tails was right.
   "And Sonic told me that Eggman did something to him."- Tails pointed to the iron table that was facing the machine. -" see? What if this is what made Sonic go nuts, maybe we can reverse it?"
   "I guess that can work." Silver said. "What do we have to lose?"
Shadow hesitated and then took out his only chaos emerald.