Chapter 16

The earth crumbled beneath Shadow, Sonic continued to shout at him as the celing fell apart.
   "You'll never get rid of me! I'll always be a part of Sonic!"
   The floor parted swallowing everything into oblivion. And Sonics laughter filled the darkness.

   With a jump shadow sat up from his bed a bright light engulfed his vision as a soft voice rung in his ears.
   "Hey! Easy there.."
   Shadow felt the dizziness reach his head and slowly layed down, his eyes adjusting to the light. His eyes focused on a pink blur slowly focusing to be Amy.
   Shadows cheeks burned but he did not know why. He groaned in pain but calmed down as he felt Amy's hand grip his.
   "You idiot.." She mumbled. "You had us all worried sick.."
   With his voice hoarse he spoke "Where have you taken me?" Shadow looks around to see a nurse walk out. As the door swung open he saw Silver and Knuckles in the room opposite from his.
   With is voice low Shadow continued "Where's Sonic?"
   "He's in ICU you've both been in comas for a while.." Amy answered.
   "How long." Shadow snarled.
   Amy hesitateded.
   "Answer me!" He barked. "About three weeks. Sonic is still in a coma....they haven't let us see him. So I've been here with you."
   "Why?" Shadow looked at Amy with a puzzled look. "Wouldn't you rather be with Blaze or keep an eye on Tails?" He grouched.
   "Could you stop being rude to me?!" Amy shouted.
   "Why should I?" Shadow remarked.
   "Know what fine! But you wanna know who visited you to see if you were okay? Me! If it were up to me I'd be with Sonic anyway!"
   Shadow stayed silent. Knuckles barged in along with Silver "Hey what's wron-" noticing Amy's tears Knuckles softened his voice. "Are you okay Amy?"
   "I'm fine." Amy sighed. "I was just leaving anyway...." With that Amy strutted out of the room trying to keep her head high as tears dripped off her cheeks.
   Knuckles looked at Amy and back at Shadow his brow narrowed. "Amy wait up!" Knuckled went out following Amy out.
   Silver closed the door and cautiously walked to Shadow. "You know Shadow. She was the first to dig in the rubble for you and Sonic."
   Shadow rubbed his head and groaned in frustration. "Why am I still here." Looking down at his straps Shadow yanked off bandages and tubes.
   "What the? Are you even listening Shadow?!" Silver shouted. "Yes." He answered. "But I'm not wasting my time on some stupid girl. I'm going home."
   Silver scoffed and walked back to the door looking at Shadow as he pulled himself up off the hospital bed.
   "You can be mean to me sometimes but you didn't have to act like that to Amy all she ever did was care about you maybe even liked you I saw her snuggle up to you as we all slept."
   Shadows eyes widened in anger furious he stood up to Silver and pushed him away from the exit and slammed the door open. "You didn't see anything okay?! She came to me I didn't ask for her company I don't feel the same way as she does!" Shadow shouted.
   Wide eyed Silver spoke "Shadow?"
   "What?!" Shadow snarled.
  Silver pointed behind him down the hall stood Amy and Knuckles.