Chapter 17

"He's just so arrogant I just wanna smash him with my hammer!" Amy sighed as she walked around the hospital with Knuckles.
   "Hey careful where you swing that!" Knuckles said as he and any swerved around hospital beds outside in the hallway. "Man this place sure is busy..." He mumbled.
   The pained groans and moans were nonstop here in the hospital it was overflowing with patients but not enough Doctors they were forced to have the more critical patients in rooms while others suffered outside the rooms and out the hallway.
   Amy with caution put her hammer away and continued walking tears were flowing down her eyes. "I just don't know what to do.." She sniffled and gave a small cry. Knuckles stood behind uncertain of what to do it was rare for him to see Amy so defeated.
   "Hey hey Amy it's okay there's no need for tears Sonic is gonna be fine he's just in critical condition an-" Knuckles was cut off by Amy's sob.
   "I don't care about him! I mean Shadow..." Her voice rang low. "What am I saying? Of course I'm worried about Sonic! I'm just...just." Her words trailed off into the pained groans of the hospitals halls.
   Knuckles placed a hand onto Amy's shoulder. "You have feelings for Shadow now too?" With her face red in embarrassment she pulled away bumping into a patient. "N-no." She stuttered. "I-Im sorry."
   "Amy why would you even think twice about caring for him?" Knuckles demanded. Amy dropped her head in defeat. "Its just..." She clenches and unclenches her fists. "I know Sonic cares about me....But in the few days that Shadow was with us he's shown more compaction and attention that Sonics ever given me in all the years I've known him..."
   Knuckles crossed his arms, "Sounds sweet and all Amy but I can't tell you who you love so let's go back if you think Shadow cares that much then let's go back and he better apologize."
   Amy managed a small smile, wiped away the tears and walked back with Knuckles close by. They went through the labyrinth of the hospital and managed to find their way back.
   As they reached Shadow's room he bursted out of the room.
   "She came to me I didn't ask for her company I don't feel the same way as she does!" Shadow shouted.
Wide eyed Silver spoke "Shadow?"
   "What?!" Shadow snarled. He turned wide eyed at the realization of his words. "Shit Amy I-" Shadow stepped close to Amy her hands were up on her face until her eyes welled up and she couldn't keep it down she sobed. "If that's how you feel about me fine! I'll leave you alone!" She turned on her heal and left the hall way making sure not to bump any more patients.
   Shadow stood there paralized he didn't know what to do he'd never felt that way before. Silver stepped in close to Shadow and in a flash of anger and regret Shadow turned, near a wall and punched repeatedly. The building vibrated from his hits and the lights flickered.
   "What the hell is wrong with me!?" Shadow shouted. Blood began to pour from his fists, scared for his health Silver grabbed onto Shadow and lifted him away from the wall as a greenish blue auora engulfed him.
   "Calm down Shadow!" Silver shouted.
   Shadow was in a state of rage he thratshed about trying to break from Silvers grasp. "LET ME GO YOU BASTARD!"
  B"Not with that attitude" Silver grumbled.
   Knuckles stood close to Silver. Nurses and a doctor began to rush their way. A tall man wearing his white coat stood to the cracked hole in the wall.
   "What on earth happened here!?" He shouted. "This is a hospital not an Asylum if you don't calm him down I'll make sure he goes and stay there."
Shadow bared his teeth. "I'd like to see you try you asshole.."
   "Shadow!" Silver complained.
   Knuckles stood to the Doctor "I assure you we'll be okay Doctor if we need anything we'll call out for you."
   Unsure the Doctor noded and dispursed the nurses to the patients their day was far from done.
Knuckles turned to see Shadow finally calm down Silver was relived he didn't feel like holding Shadow all day. "Can you put him down Silver?" Knuckles asked.
   With a nod Silver placed Shadow down instantly Shadow raised a fist at Silver but seeing that the Doctor and there were still nurses about he lowered his hand. And in a surprise it was Knuckles who threw the punch at Shadow.
   "You idiot! Do you ever think before you speak?!" Knuckles shouted.
   "What the hell was that for!?" Shadow snarled as he rubbed his cheek struggling to stay standing as his strength left him.
   "You asshole all Amy did was start to grow affectionate to you ands she's more hurt than all those times Sonic ran away from her!"
   Silver stared at Shadow then Knuckles. "Are you serious Amy fell for that? She could have done better to be honest."
   "Shut up Silver.." Shadow hissed.
   Raising his fist Knuckles continues. "You better go and apologize to her!"
Shadow scoffed and patted his chest and arms clean. "I don't need this." He mumbled and started to walk down the hall.
   Knuckles shut his eyes in defeat. "Asshole." He muttered. "Come on Silver let's go find her.
   "What about Tails?" Silver questioned
   "He's staying here with Sonic come on let's go."