Meeting the Parents

Chapter 17: Meeting the Parents

The plane ride to Atlanta wasn't as long as I expected it to. I think I was used to going on long trips!

Atlanta was sunny as always which kinda made me happy. I loved the sun! Now you may be asking yourself what the hell I was doing in London one the most 'wet' countries in the world. Well I also loved rain. I don't even know.

The airport looked so familiar I didn't need to read any signs of to which way the baggage claim was. It still had those fake giant ants nailed to the walls. There were signs everywhere informing people about Georgia, The Braves baseball team (which Cara so happened to hate! She was a true Cubs fan), it talked about everything known in Georgia!

I grab onto Finn's hand as Cara & I lead the way to baggage claim. Finn helps me when we see our suitcase.

Once we had everything ready we sat by the entrance. We were patiently waiting for our mothers.

"So they don't know we're with you?"

Jack asks Cara & I.

"Nope."

Cara says popping the p.

After about 15 minutes of waiting I hear my name being called.

"Cara?"

I look up to try & see who it was.

"Cara?"

There it was again, but this time in a different voice. I looked at Cara hopefully. I stood up as well as for Cara. The boys stayed put waiting.

Automatically after scanning the crowd I saw the curly brunette which whom I loved so much walking towards me accompanied by a short woman who I had grown to love too.

"Mom."

I breathe out before I run towards my mom who was about 10 feet away.

When I reach her I hold onto her tightly not wanting to let go. Maybe this would make sure she never left me actually that I never left her.

I heard sniffles against my neck. My mom was crying. It wasn't until I tasted the salty liquid against my lips that I found out I too was crying. This just causing me to wrap my arms around her neck more tightly, but cautiously hoping not to hurt her.

"Mommy I missed you so much."

I said between my sniffles. She finally pulled away wiping her tears.

"Oh honey. I missed you too."

She said sweetly wiping my tears with her thumb.

"My baby is back home. Oh my princess!"

I giggle kissing her on the forehead.

This was my mother. The woman who birthed me. The woman who carried me in her womb for nine whole months. I had undeniable respect for her. I agree I got so mad at her when I was younger, but if you're away for as long as I've been you put those thoughts to the side & forget it all.

I look over at Cara after my mom lets go of me. Cara & her mom had just gotten out of their emotional moment.

"Cara!!"

Both mothers yell towards the other. After many years they grew used to the fact that their daughters had the same exact names.

My mom reached for Cara as I reached for Cara's mom. We hugged. Kissed. It was just us for a moment.

I look at Cara nervously. She exchanges the same look. Cara looks at both our mothers as they begin to ask us where our stuff was & how everyone was excited to see us.