Nine Months

Chapter 22: Nine Months

Cara Addam's POV

"Mrs. Harries you've only gone to 5cm You still need 5cm more to go! Either way you're doing incredible for your first baby!"

I smile slightly as Doctor Samuels put my gown down. My legs were propped up on the end of the bed and he was trying to see if I was ready to come out of labor and into giving birth. No luck yet.

Jack smiles lightly as the doctor leaves. I sit up and sigh. Labor was the worst.

"Baby...don't be grumpy!"

Jack grunted as he looked at me. My face honestly was one of the most horrid things in the world. It wasn't even funny! I looked tired and worn out. I've been in labor for the past 4 hours and it was exhausting.

"I'm just so tired Jack! I'm even more tired with this baby inside of me."

I felt a bit bad about complaining. I loved my boy, but dang he was heavy to carry. I just wanted him out and into my arms!

Jack smiles at me while he holds onto my hand. Where's Cara!? I thought. I really needed her here. She was the closet thing I had to my mom and to a female!

My mom and dad were flying here and would arrive tomorrow. Thank goodness.

I start to watch TV hoping that it would ease my anxiousness. I was interrupted when the door swing open. Cara came in, her wavy, chestnut locks flowing with every bounce she made. She was wearing a gray tank top, black colored jeans, and some old red converse. She smiled as she walked over to Jack hugging him. She walked over to my side, where my empty hand was, and grasped it. It felt so warm. I felt so protected having two of the most important people in my life beside me.

"Hey babe."

She whispered. I answered back with a hey.

"Where's Finn?"

Cara toke my hair and begins to form it into a high pony tail.

"Oh. He's in the waiting room. I didn't think you wanted him to see you like this, did you?"

I grunt.

"Course not! By the way. I'm still pissed at him. The way he talked to you. That...ugh!"

I knew my pain was causing me to be grumpy and say all of this, but it was the truth! How could Finn ever say this to Cara. It was a miscarriage! It wasn't her fault. I admit I got a but carried away with him when I found out. I may have slapped him across the face.....but nobody messes with my best friend. Even if you're her husband!

Jack and Cara both laugh at me.

"It's the truth!"

I squeal my cheeks turning red.

"I love you Cares. I'm glad I have you."

She says as she lightly pecks my forehead. She smiles still holding my hand.

"Now we wait then."

Jack says giving my hand a little squeeze. I purse my lips.

"I really just want to hold little Jack in my arms!"

Cara bursts. Yep. We're calling him Jack. Well. Jackson Calum to be exact. Jackson Calum Harries, I love the sound of it!

***

I got a sharp pain in my abdomen. The doctor had just left telling me I was already dilated by 8 cm. Just two more centimeters left.

I wasn't taking epidural so this was extremely painful. I was in tears. This wasn't something I wanted to be experiencing at 3 a.m.