The Date

Chapter 5: The Date

Cara Adams POV:

I wake up, shielding my eyes from the rays of the sun. I groan. I lay back down & drift to sleep again.

Ah. What am I doing today? I've gotta do my laundry. It's my turn to cook lunch. And I've got a date with Jack........ I'VE GOT A DATE WITH JACK!

I jump out of the bed & while doing that fall on the floor. I hear chuckling at my doorway.

"You were always clumsy."

I look up at Cara & give her a death glare. I get up & pull my hair back. She smiles before she turns around & walks downstairs.

"Breakfast is ready by the way!"

She yells stepping down the stairs.

I walk downstairs. I take a seat & inhale the scent of bacon goodness.

"Soooo...."

Cara says while sliding into her chair.

"Jack & you. Y'all are going on a date right?"

I look at her & she's raising her eyebrows. How did she know? I haven't told her anything about it!

"How do you know?"

I ask cutting my pancakes into small pieces. I look up at her as I stuff my face with pancake.

She smiles at my hungry actions.

"Finn told me."

I swallow. Aha so Jack told Finn.

"And I heard you & Finn kissed last night."

I say smirking. She blushes.

"Maybe.."

I laugh at the view of her. She's deep red & is taking a bite of her bacon. She starts laughing too, not being able to contain herself.

"So was that kiss enough for you to know that Finn DOES like you?"

She smiles looking down at her plate. I wonder what she was thinking.

"Yes. And now I know that I have the same feelings for him."

She blushes again & looks up at me. I hug her & she hugs back. I sigh.

" I love love!"

She laughs at me when I say this. She's still giggling when she tells me to hurry up.

"Hurry isn't your date with Jack in like two hours."

I nod putting the last piece of food in my mouth. I get up & speed walk to the stairs.

"Thanks!"

I yell before I run up the steps.

"What to wear, what to wear?"

I asked myself out loud. I had already finished all my chores & was getting ready to go out with Jack. It was a pretty cold London evening so I wasn't going to wear a sun dress. I pull out my black jeans from a drawer & also take out a long sleeved white blouse from my closet. I pull on my cream colored Uggs & my black peacoat. I was all set.

Jack texted me saying he was on his way & would be here in 5 minutes.

I walk downstairs & see Cara sitting on the couch with a bowl of popcorn watching TV. She notices me & smiles.

"Someone's looking purrrrtttyyyy!"

She yelled forcing her souther American accent out. I face palmed. OMG this is what I have as a friend! ;) Just as I was about to answer back with a comeback the doorbell rings. Cara & I look at each other, then at the door, then at each other, & the at the door. I rush to the door & take a few deep breaths. I open it & I see Jack. He smiles. He looks so cute! He's wearing a navy blue t shirt with blue washed out jeans, a black jacket, & chocolate brown oxfords.