I Do

Chapter 19: I Do

It had finally come. The day that I was waiting so dearly for. I ran my palm against the silk white that was draped on the table.

Everything was so overwhelming. I heard the birds singing in the distance. They sounded so beautiful. The sound of the television, that was being watched down the hall, filling my ears. The sound of Barbara Walters talking about the new rumor going around.

I looked around me. The bright London sun running in through the windows. The sun made the room shine.

The balls of my feel touch the soft carpet. My French styled toe nails contrasting. The robe I was wearing was a crisp white. The name "Caroline Receptions" beautifully sewn onto the side pocket over my breast.

I look around the room again & see her come in. Cara. She smiled lightly, nervous, just like me.

"Ready?"

She asked as she walked to me and cupped my hands in hers. I was an inch taller, but I still somehow towered over her.

I smile at her. I was glad I was doing this. Especially with her. We would both walk down the aisle to see both of our guys standing at the altar.

"Yeah. You?"

I ask looking at her dark brown eyes. I could see the fear behind them. Did mine have fear in them too? Were they pooling with it?

She nods slightly, smiling.

"Come on girls! We've got to get your make up ready."

I look at Vicky as she runs in. She's dressed in a black tight fitted dress, nude heels. Vicky is the wedding director. She plans everything in a schedule. Each detail perfectly marked. Literally.

Vicky grabs both of our hands and basically drags us to the stools that were neatly stood in front of the "makeup department."

Immediately with the snap of her fingers three women walk into the room. They have huge beautiful smiles, all three of them were blonde with beautiful blue eyes. I admired their beauty.

"Me name is Anne, this is Susan, and this is Moriah."

The tallest blonde said. Anne. That was a beautiful name. I very quite liked the others name as well. It made me start thinking what names I would like for my child one day.

After about 2 minutes of me basically looking at them I was turned around in the stool and the work began.

Questions would fly out of the three blondes' mouths. Where are you from? America. Graduated? Yes. A month ago. Age? 21.

They kept me distracted with their questions as I did not see what was happening to me in the mirror. I was beginning to get exhausted. I needed my mom right now. She gave the best back massages. My mom!

"Vicky, where's my mom?"

She smiles probably knowing that that question would soon come up.

"They just arrived yesterday, all the lot. They're staying at the "Pit" I called an hour ago, they're on their way."

I breathed out with satisfaction. I look at Cara and see she looses the worry in her face too, but is jerked back into reality as Moriah begins to pluck her eyebrows.

This makes me remember how painful it has been the last few weeks in preparation. We had to get everything waxed! When I say everything I mean everything. Oh and by the way you should really consider maybe waxing your womanhood on your own. Those ladies made me cry!