Begin Again: Part 2

Chapter 24: Begin Again: Part 2

Finn's POV

"Cara?"

I looked at her as she lay on the bed. Her eyes were looking at the ceiling. Why wasn't she reacting? Our baby girl had just been born.

I hover my eyes over hers. She smiles softly but it soon fades. Her eyes close.

"What's wrong with her?!"

I rush over at the doctor. He rushes over to Cara. She lays there hopelessly on the bed.

Some of the nurses begin to rush over to Cara. They begin to yell different directions to each other.

"GET THE BABY OUT OF HERE!"

The doctor yells. This causes me to get frustrated. I pull the doctor by the collar.

"Tell me what's the hell is wrong!"

I spit at him. He places his hands on my chest.

"Sir, calm down. Now is not the time. We have to help your wife. Please?"

I let him go and rush to my daughter. The nurses begin to place her in a plastic crib and wheel her out of the room and into the hallway.

At this point I'm torn between who to stay with, yet I was being yelled at by the doctor. He was telling me to leave. To go. I did.

The only thing I could do now was beg for her to stay alive.

Questions flowed through my head. Why was this happening? How?

I'm made to stay outside in the hallway as the nurses begin to check my daughter. I let out a frustrated yell and I punch the wall. My knuckles begin to throb.

Why? Why did this have to happen to her? Didn't she have enough with loosing her child.

Woman and men both begin to rush towards the loud noise of my scream. I look at them. Their faces blur behind my tears. My wife. My best friend. What would happen to her?

I let my back hit the wall and I slide down it. I hear murmurs. They thought I was crazy. They did, but I could give a shit or two. My wife was in a room with a dozen people surrounding her probing and picking at her, and I was standing out her oblivious as to what was going on. I wanted it to end.

****

I look at my daughter as she is laying in her crib. She was laying on her back. Beautiful was how I would describe her.

I sniffle. It's been around 6 hours since Cara had been taken in. They haven't said anything to me. Except for the part where they threatened to kick me out unless I didn't calm down. How could I?

I stand quickly as I hear someone open the door. It was the doctor.

"How is she? Where is she? Doctor."

He nods softy at me signaling for me to sit.

"Cara suffered from anemia and high blood pressure. She was going through a lot of stress which caused her to become unconscious. She'll be okay. Don't worry. We'll give her some medication, all she needs now is to rest."

He reassuringly pats my back.

"I'll order for the nurse to bring the baby into her room. You can see her now."

He smiles and leaves. I sigh thankfully. She was better. I loved her so much.

******

Cara's POV