The End

Chapter 25: The End

Cara Days' POV

Alternative Ending 1

I stepped out of the car and slowly closed the door. It was no longer warm like it was inside of it. It was windy out. I could feel my cheeks turning rosy. I could already taste the dryness of my lips. That didn't matter, at least not right now.

I walked through the yellow, dead grass, scared to step on any bouquets of flowers. Some seemed fresh and some seemed like they've been there since summer. I gripped the ones in my hand tighter. The reds and purples and yellows all stood out. It was a miracle any store had fresh flowers being that it was mid fall.

I slowed my pace trying to look around at my surroundings. Had I closed the car? Yeah, but anyone hardly comes here this early anyways. Gosh. I just began to notice how tired I was. It was ten in the morning. I had just dropped off Lennon at her nursery. She was a healthy two year old. I loved her truly. Finn and I both did. Finn. My Finn.

My thoughts changed as I came across it. I came across her. I smiled and kneeled down.

"Hello baby."

I whispered as I traced the words on the stone. I was worried someone would here me, but then again no one would be around.

"In loving memory of Perrie Grace Harries. Daughter. Granddaughter. Niece. Cousin.

"An angel in the book of life, wrote down my baby's birth. Then whispered as she closed the book, "Too beautiful for earth.""

I sighed loudly.

"How are you my beautiful little girl."

I spoke to the ground. I laid my hand against the grass, twirling the last pieces of them I could find.

I was hopping she'd answer. Hopping she'd say something along the lines of "Mummy, I'm not a little girl, I'm four!" She'd sound just like Finn did in the homes videos his mother had shown me long ago.

I stayed quiet waiting for the reply. It never came.

"Your daddy and I have been good. Your little sister, Lennon, is well also. Grandma and Grandad say hello all the way from America. Your daddy and I are thinking of spending Christmas with them this year. I don't know yet. I really wish you were here."

I spread my legs out, already feeling them cramp as I was sitting on them. My pants had grass on them, I didn't care enough to scrape them off. I decided to lay down on the ground next to her. I felt close to her.

"You know, honey, sometimes I think about leaving and being with you, but that would be ignorant. Who'd take care of Lennon? I wish I could have seen what you looked like before you passed. Maybe you would have looked like Lennon except slightly different. I think I've aged. I have. I'm twenty six now. Daddy is twenty seven. I think I look different. I still wear jeans, T-shirts, and sneakers, but I'm older now."

I looked at the blue sky and smiled lightly. I felt the sun rays radiating against my skin. It warmed up the cool day. I felt as if she were here with me. Laying her cold little hand against my palm. Maybe she was. Maybe she wasn't.

"So much has happened since you left, darling. Uncle Alfie got married to Auntie Zoe. They're expecting their first baby. It'll be a little baby girl. Uncle Troye finally found his special someone. He's amazing. Your Uncle Jack and Auntie Cara still only have little Jackson. They spoil him rotten! I'm not complaining though because that little boy is so cute. I wish you could see him. You'd be the cutest cousins. Hmm. What else has happened. Daddy and Uncle Jack opened up an office a while back. Wish you could be her to see it all...